Respected Contributor

Re: I cannot tolerate the avarice shown by QVC anymore!

[ Edited ]

I just wonder how consumers decide that a handbag is overpriced, when no one knows how much it costs to obtain the materials, pay the designers and  then get the items produced and supplied to the market .

I used to tell  prospective buyers who were objecting to  the price  of a house I was marketing that  if they can find a better house that they like better at what they  felt was a better price, they should buy it.

Meanwhile, here's the seller's price and if you don't want it, we fully understand that.   I didn't want that buyer, neither did my seller, and we all amicably parted ways.

How else can a market work?  

[I always knew that the house was priced right for the market at the time, and not too many buyers failed to recognize that, either.  They were just testing what every buyer does in trying to get a lower price.  That, too, is capitalism and a free market at work.]

Esteemed Contributor

Outside of the dollar store I cannot think of a single retail or online business that doesn't offer items outside of my price range or liking, up to and including my local supermarket.

If I tried to limit my shopping to businesses that only offered items that I can afford and/or items that appeal to me I would be naked, hungry and living in an empty house.  There also would not be a single place to shop.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

After 31 years of loyal patronage, I think it's time to close my QVC account permanently, because I believe they are now ridiculous in pricing.

I just saw tiny crossbody bags and others at $575.00!

And sandals and other shoes over  S100.00/pr?

Clothing? Ridiculous.

Health and beauty are a huge war for who can get the best price for same/similiar products.

Of course, shipping fees have not reduced, and they run reruns all night long, and I assume it's to save money on host's salaries.

Of course, there are more increases, but I don't have to tolerate it. Seriously thinking of closing my account. They don't need my business, they are doing very well without it.

@keithsmom65  After reading your tirade, have to agree with you that it's time for you to quit QVC and shop elsewhere, as they are not a fit for you any longer. Products have changed in your 31 years at QVC, and they're offering more higher end items. There is Nothing wrong with that. Not everyone who shops at Q is struggling or finds these items too expensive. There is always Target, Walmart, or even JC Penney you can shop from for affordable clothing, shoes, and handbags without having to see items you consider too expensive.

To accuse them of avarice is unfair. QVC is no different than any other business, as they are there to make a profit. They offer items in various price ranges to try to accommodate Everyone, not just You. In this day and age, shoes for $100 or handbags for $600 is not out of the norm. They have every right to "offer" these items. The number of channels they have is up to them, and they currently see a need for them. Why this bothers you, I don't understand. Maybe you're watching them too much?? 

It sounds that you're upset that Q would even Offer higher priced products that you feel are too expensive. Why you find that upsetting is ridiculous. They have every right to sell whatever they want. QVC is trying to offer some things shoppers are finding and buying in higher end stores, so what is wrong in that? Its not about only You. 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

ITA  luvs2garden.  I've been shopping with the Q for years and many times kicked myself for spending way too much money--more than item was worth IMO--but point is I made the decision to purchase and if I didn't like it I could return.  For example, IMO the Q's food items are way overpriced for what you get. There's never been a food purchase I was really wowed by but I chose to buy and can choose to not buy again.

Respected Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

After 31 years of loyal patronage, I think it's time to close my QVC account permanently, because I believe they are now ridiculous in pricing.

I just saw tiny crossbody bags and others at $575.00!

And sandals and other shoes over  S100.00/pr?

Clothing? Ridiculous.

Health and beauty are a huge war for who can get the best price for same/similiar products.

Of course, shipping fees have not reduced, and they run reruns all night long, and I assume it's to save money on host's salaries.

Of course, there are more increases, but I don't have to tolerate it. Seriously thinking of closing my account. They don't need my business, they are doing very well without it.

-----

Indeed they are...and why do you want to tell the world you're not buying from QVC anymore? No one cares.

nobody cares

Trusted Contributor

QVC is expensive with their prices and shipping.  Clothes are not worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no problem disagreeing with the content of her post but  criticizing her choice of words is crossing a line IMO.  She has every right to use whatever words she wants and if you don't understand the word look it up and learn something.  I did!

Respected Contributor

@mspatmac I agree. I appreciate a good vocabulary. 

Trusted Contributor

@AvalonRose wrote:

I don't understand why you all feel the need to gang up on the OP.  It's a free forum, she did not break any rules.  You know you can scroll and not post.  

I agree with her, I saw the stuff they had at like 1:00 am and thought what the heck are they thinking.   Totally agree that there is great satisfaction in closing your account.

----   
I don't  see anyone ganging up, on the  OP. I see people responding to her post, with options that differ. 

Surely that's the point of message forums, sharing opinions. 
If you post, and others disagree with you, it's not personal.  If you take it that way, you're not going to enjoy this form of communication. 

New Contributor

QVC - great option if you are in a rural place. Also during COVID19!

[ Edited ]

QVC makes sense if you live in a rural place.  Even if you don't, I think value is here to be had...but you have to wait and watch for it.  Certain special offers are great (e.g., when you order a set/collection/kit of product) such as Josie Maran or Wen may offer.  You get the best deals that way. 

Clothing, shoes and handbags? Forget it...UNLESS of course you live in a very remote place with no better options.  Only then does it makes sense to pay the decidedly high prices and shipping rates.