Honored Contributor

Re: I cannot tolerate the avarice shown by QVC anymore!

My current purse cost me all of $2.50.  It came from Kohls and I used Kohl's Cash and a coupon to buy it.  No, it's not real leather.  I don't care.  But, obviously people want those expensive handbags so why shouldn't QVC sell them?  I usually find their shoes overpriced, but I did get some beautiful suede boots for my husband to give me for Christmas this year.  They weren't on sale or cheap either, but I'll wear them for years.  I take very good care of my shoes and boots.  It's my choice to buy or not buy.  It's not like price gouging where you really NEED something and they're taking advantage of that.

Regular Contributor

I don't understand why you all feel the need to gang up on the OP.  It's a free forum, she did not break any rules.  You know you can scroll and not post.  

I agree with her, I saw the stuff they had at like 1:00 am and thought what the heck are they thinking.   Totally agree that there is great satisfaction in closing your account.

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 - QVC has choices for anyone.  Shortly after I "discovered" QVC about 15 years ago I remember Barbara Bixby saying she had a rock star friend in Europe who ordered from QVC all of the time. Obviously this rock star probably wouldn't think twice about ordering an expensive handbag. I'm sure QVC has other customers like that. 

It's all about choice. Some would order that handbag and never think twice about it; some would think it's way too much for a handbag.

I'm glad QVC offers a wide selection of products, and most times when I've thought about ordering elsewhere I find out QVC has a better price, especially with a lot of the makeup I like.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 WHO is holding a gun to your head and FORCING you to buy **anything**??

If it bugs you so much shop elsewhere.

Or are you just making a dramatic "exit"? 

Ta ta.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

If all crossbody bags were $575 and all sandals were over $100, I wouldn't shop here either. But that's not the case, is it? They currently have 140 crossbody bags between $10-50 and only 6 crossbody bags sold for $400-600. 

Some items cost more than others. You don't have to buy them. But you come in and make it sound like everything is selling at Nordstrom and Neiman prices and that's just not so.

QVC could do better on sale prices, that's absolutely true. QVC items only seem to see great prices when there are only 3 sizes or one color left and I do have issues there. I also think they need to adjust their shipping policies to compete with other companies.

But to leave because you saw a bag being sold for $575 is just silly. 

Respected Contributor

Why should anyone be limited by what you want to spend @keithsmom65? There're items available for everyone's budget at the Q...that's the way it should be & is at most retailers.

Trusted Contributor

@keithsmom65 You sound so disappointed that much of what Q now offers is no longer in your comfort range. It's hard when something you've enjoyed and counted on for a long time, changes in ways you don't like, isn't it? I remember when Marshall Field's closed in Chicago--that store was a part of my life, now lost forever. Things change, and nothing faster than retailers, as they constantly try to match shifting demands. I feel Q has also started to carry some lower tier brands and items than it used to, as well as the higher end. So, maybe, just a wider selection? I find I'm happier if I let go of my personal attachment and still enjoy what I like from what's on offer (and then watch for it to go on sale). Wishing you well!

Respected Contributor

Frankly, I'm glad the Q is still on and available for our purchasing. I've found it rather depressing that many stores like Hobby Lobby are no longer open. I love to shop there.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65 

I was gonna post this exact same thing yesterday,but because of bullying,like you are getting here  (I posted this once before) I didn't.

Why these adult  QVC ,ak's need to bully you ,I will never understand!!!! 

Don't  let it upset you.They have no life and get their kicks here like," teeny- boppers"  do on FB.......lol

So much evil in this world....  Smiley Sad

I totally  agree with you!!.................<3  stay safe

Honored Contributor

Avarice:. : excessive or insatiable desire for wealth or gain.

Really?  According to their recent quarterly financial reports, QVC/HSN is losing money.  Maybe, just maybe they're fighting to stay alive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment