Valued Contributor

Re: I can't believe what I just heard...

@Moonchilde wrote:

There is no issue here except that created by a handful of individuals. As has been amply demonstrated in this thread, and every other mention of Xtian belief on these forums, there is no one set of Xtian beliefs, there never has been, and there never will be. Denominations sneer at each other, why wouldn’t individuals do the same?

One person’s feelings about such an issue are just that...one person’s feelings. Or maybe half a dozen people. QVC can’t worry about pandering (or not) to the most narrow-minded in any group - age, sex, belief or anything else.

What are Xtian beliefs?

Honored Contributor

@Carol08.  I believe xtian=Christian.  

Contributor

Maybe QVC is a christian organization. Just a thought....

Contributor

Maybe they support Christian beliefs.... Just a thought. And that's ok to do that....

Respected Contributor

@macadoo wrote:

Maybe they support Christian beliefs.... Just a thought. And that's ok to do that....

I believe they do because they allow the My Pillow Guy to blatantly display a cross every time he appears on air. I don't think he should wear it on TV but no host has ever commented on it. I think religion should gen private between oneself and God.

Honored Contributor

One key to understanding others is understanding their religion and values. 

Many people may not believe in a particular religion, but will find value in reading the book of  the religion of others, in order to have insight into the lives and beliefs of those around them. 

And the Bible as literature has been offered as a course in colleges for a long time. 

Trusted Contributor

The Bible is taught in many colleges as a piece of history and literature.While I do believe everyone has their own right to believe or not believe any relion they so choose, like it or not the United States of America was founded under the principle of relous freedom. While you may not want a bible, there are thousands of people in the USA tat do. What is it we say on this board, you have the right to chabge the channel , mute or find something else to do.  Most people that have tv have at tleast 70 chanells to choose from.

I am proud to be the owner of a bible.

Occasional Contributor

Eyewitness account!  Can't believe you wrote that. Seriously! 

Honored Contributor

Good grief.  There are thousands of Christian religions and each one has a different view of the bible and other different doctrines.   All but one of these were started by human beings.

Why are people so quick to assume the worst?  Why are people so quick to judge others?  Why are people so quick to bash?   It sure isn't very Christian-like.

Valued Contributor

I watched the linked presentation and enjoyed it-

I’m not a particular fan of any host really, but couldn’t find anything to criticize about the presentation- very upbeat and enjoyable-

I’ve known/know several individuals who claim to be atheists who are well versed in the Bible.

People with different beliefs, from all walks of life possess it-and, for as many different reasons.