Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am livid with QVC for tracking my every move!

@jackthebear wrote:

take some time to read about adding a tracker and blocker to your browser

Spot on!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

The solution is to stay off all websites if you don't like it.  Every website does it and it's not going to change.  

Here's what I do to reduce those kinds of emails.

Move those emails to junk and decide from there if you want to read, delete or block.

I always check the sender's identity before opening.  

Look at settings on your computer/laptop/phone to be sure screening is set the way you want it.

A lot of cell phone providers offer a screening feature for free now.

Check your preferences on each website so you get few to no emails. 

Periodically clear your cache and history on your phone, tablet and computer.

I have blocked a lot of scam emails and, over time, it's really decreased how many I receive. It's the same with scam and telemarketer calls on my iphone.  

Every website DOES NOT do it!  That's just not true.  I shop Nordstrom (without logging in) and check out as a guest ALL THE TIME.  Nordstrom does not follow me around with ads.  Nor does Macy's.  Some online places will do it more than others and some don't do it at all.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

During the past few months I have Unsubscribed to so many different Companies, Just look for the word "UNSUBSCRIBE". It might take a few days for the emails to stop.

I learned how to stop the emails from QVC from @dooBdoo and I am so thankful for that. I unsubscribed from HSN last Saturday and I'm happy. I only get emails now from three or four Companies that don't annoy me with five and six emails daily.

Respected Contributor

I at least look at the qvc emails more closely now.  Twice in the past month the only two items I purchased, the price dropped, and it was within 30 days, so I saved $9.  Hey, it’s something.  They sometimes send those on items you looked at, but these were actual purchases.  Since it was within the 30 days CS refunded me.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Something seriously needs to be done about QVC and my invasion of privacy!If I as much as slow down to look over something, I get an email about it.If I am browsing in several catagories, I get emails about the products I previe. I am really sick and tired of several emails daily telling me the price has been reduced on something I looked at.

I do not appreciate QVC following my every move and sending me notices ti encourage me buying these items. I don't need 6 emails daily from the Q trying to make a sale.

I  am not motivated to purchase by these things. In fact. I decide not to buy them because the Q irritates me so much.

I want someone to make them stop emailing me several times a day. I don't need any "help" in determining what I purchase. I'm livid now as they have been doing it for so long!

I may just discontinue using the Q. I feel their merchandise is more inferior  now and their prices keep getting higher.

You are the one who allows this to happen.  Fix it yourself.   Or shop somewhere else.

Respected Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Something seriously needs to be done about QVC and my invasion of privacy!If I as much as slow down to look over something, I get an email about it.If I am browsing in several catagories, I get emails about the products I previe. I am really sick and tired of several emails daily telling me the price has been reduced on something I looked at.

I do not appreciate QVC following my every move and sending me notices ti encourage me buying these items. I don't need 6 emails daily from the Q trying to make a sale.

I  am not motivated to purchase by these things. In fact. I decide not to buy them because the Q irritates me so much.

I want someone to make them stop emailing me several times a day. I don't need any "help" in determining what I purchase. I'm livid now as they have been doing it for so long!

I may just discontinue using the Q. I feel their merchandise is more inferior  now and their prices keep getting higher.

I hear ya sister.  I really do and I feel exactly the same way but aside from the suggestions from other posters, there's really not too much we can do about it but be off the grid altogether.  XO

Now, OP...please don't be too harsh with her.  She's only expressing her opinion.

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I don't understand.  I only get 1-2 emails from QVC daily unless I ordered something. 

I don't consider their emails an invasion of my privacy.  Opt out of the emails if you don't like them.  Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.  Also, don't order anything.  All retailers send emails after a purchase.  They have your email address.  

It isn't QVC following you around, most likely it's Google that has a monopoly on advertising.  QVC purchased the advertising from Google, though.  Google knows a lot about you and the rest of us.  Maybe, you should be angry with them, too.  

I have gotten very good buys from emails, some I wouldn't have known about, so I consider them a plus.  

Retailers are just trying to survive, so I am more tolerant.

As far as QVC ads appearing on your screen, have you noticed all other retailers do the same thing?  Use an ad blocker.

Foxxee, I believe you nailed it.  It's Google following us around.  This was my first thought.  They came out years ago with Google Now and that was years ago.  They probably know the last time we blinked our eyes to taylor adds for us.....

Super Contributor

Every time we get online we are being tracked. You can get a new browser that is more secure but usually that is no guarantee either. It is annoying but if you want to use the Internet you have to keep finding ways to protect your privacy. Opting out of emails may help for a while but no guarantee either. Just keep sending unwanted emails to your spam folder.  Make sure you are not subscribed to any site you do not want to hear from. Find a good app that will block ads for you and reduce tracking.

It must be that some people are taken in by all of the spam or why would these companies keep doing things that annoy us so much? I guess it really costs these corporations nothing to automatically send out emails and pop ups. Once the system is set up they have 24 hour advertising..I don't know anyone who enjoys QVC's "Going Going Gone" pop up but they do it anyway.

Respected Contributor

to the OP:                     calm down

Trusted Contributor

"By using a QVC service, you accept the practices that are described in this Privacy Statement..."

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/privacy-statement.html