Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am livid with QVC for tracking my every move!

The Q never emails me so evidently controls can be set.  Check your account settings.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Something seriously needs to be done about QVC and my invasion of privacy!If I as much as slow down to look over something, I get an email about it.If I am browsing in several catagories, I get emails about the products I previe. I am really sick and tired of several emails daily telling me the price has been reduced on something I looked at.

I do not appreciate QVC following my every move and sending me notices ti encourage me buying these items. I don't need 6 emails daily from the Q trying to make a sale.

I  am not motivated to purchase by these things. In fact. I decide not to buy them because the Q irritates me so much.

I want someone to make them stop emailing me several times a day. I don't need any "help" in determining what I purchase. I'm livid now as they have been doing it for so long!

I may just discontinue using the Q. I feel their merchandise is more inferior  now and their prices keep getting higher.

@keithsmom65 @When I watch YouTube videos I get ads for QVC items I looked at. Talk about tracking. 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

You're livid because QVC can track you on their site? 

I understand completely what the OP is trying to say for one part. I can be looking on QVC site, leave, and go to the Washington Post and start getting QVC ads. It is very annoying. 

When I get a post from QVC I don't want I send it to my spam mail, and I don't see it again -  it goes into my spam file that I simply delete. 

@Bhvbum @EXACTLY RIGHT.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Foxxee 

You're right, Google is the worst for lack of privacy with their tracking and selling your email/info to every marketer on the planet, that's why I have nothing Google related on my computer, no Chrome, FB, etc.

@Foxxee  What do you use instead of Google?

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Foxxee 

You're right, Google is the worst for lack of privacy with their tracking and selling your email/info to every marketer on the planet, that's why I have nothing Google related on my computer, no Chrome, FB, etc.

@Foxxee  What do you use instead of Google?

Mostly, Duckduckgo.  Sometimes Qwant.  

Esteemed Contributor

I opt out of emails from QVC a long time ago. The only emails I receive now are those about my orders.

How about talking to someone in person about buying a vehicle and it pops up on your phone a few minutes later. They are listening lol.

Honored Contributor

Most websites track your every move.  If you don't accept their "cookie" policy you don't get on.  Just unsubscribe from emails and you will be fine.  

Respected Contributor

I like Duck Duck Go too. 

Honored Contributor

You might want to stay off the internet period.  And don't ever get an Alexa.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Etoile308 wrote:

You're livid because QVC can track you on their site? 

I understand completely what the OP is trying to say for one part. I can be looking on QVC site, leave, and go to the Washington Post and start getting QVC ads. It is very annoying. 

When I get a post from QVC I don't want I send it to my spam mail, and I don't see it again -  it goes into my spam file that I simply delete. 

I do too.  She needs a better browser.  the Brave browswer or check your browser's settings.  Block third party cookies and things like that.  Also getting an ad blocker might help you.  There ARE things she can do.  The internet has become such an invasive place to be nowadays.  Motion sensors in the browsers; listening sensors.  It's a little scary if you ask me.  I try to block as much as I can. 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life