Honored Contributor

Re: I am livid with QVC for tracking my every move!

@Foxxee 

You're right, Google is the worst for lack of privacy with their tracking and selling your email/info to every marketer on the planet, that's why I have nothing Google related on my computer, no Chrome, FB, etc.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

take some time to read about adding a tracker and blocker to your browser

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65  I think if the only tracking or even the most tracking you see is from QVC that means you are spending more time investigating QVC items than elsewhere.

I get way more from QVC than from other companies but I am here way more than elsewhere, but nearly every retailer I sign into tracks.  Can’t say I like it, but I don’t waste my energy being livid with individual companies.  I have quit surfing into new retail sites just out of curiosity.

Honored Contributor

I'm tired of being "livid". We've had livid living in our lives fora long time, and it's exhausting.

I'm making a Lenten commitment to notch it back to "morose". 

If that works, I may even try short trips to "glum".

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I'm tired of being "livid". We've had livid living in our lives fora long time, and it's exhausting.

I'm making a Lenten commitment to notch it back to "morose". 

If that works, I may even try short trips to "glum".

@violann -

love your post!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I'm actually pretty shocked how this happens...Saturday I was sitting on my iPad doing Solitaire, and Tweak'd By Nature had JUST come on QVC, which I had on in the background, just as the game was loading, where an ad always pops up first....LITERALLY...a second...it was Tweak'd on Q, and bam an ad for Tweak'd popped up on the Solitaire page!!

Like everyone else I've seen the "following" of my actions for years now...but THAT was the fastest and weirrrrdest ever if they can figure that out that fast....

Not that it's really stopping my actions online but God only knows what we aren't aware of...

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Bhvbum.  How about the hundreds of other companies that do the same thing?  That's just life in the 21st Century.

I was going to say the same thing.  This happens with a ton of oher companies, it is not just QVC.  Of all the things to get upset about in life, for me anyway, this is just not one of them.  Welcome to the 21st century.  This is the way of the world, either get used to it or stop using technology entirely and good luck with that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The solution is to stay off all websites if you don't like it.  Every website does it and it's not going to change.  

Here's what I do to reduce those kinds of emails.

Move those emails to junk and decide from there if you want to read, delete or block.

I always check the sender's identity before opening.  

Look at settings on your computer/laptop/phone to be sure screening is set the way you want it.

A lot of cell phone providers offer a screening feature for free now.

Check your preferences on each website so you get few to no emails. 

Periodically clear your cache and history on your phone, tablet and computer.

I have blocked a lot of scam emails and, over time, it's really decreased how many I receive. It's the same with scam and telemarketer calls on my iphone.  

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

take some time to read about adding a tracker and blocker to your browser

@jackthebear 

I agree, I use AdBlock+ and Malwarebytes (both free) and I never get any site following me around or pop-up ads.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart 

I have an even easier solution, install AdBlock+ and Malwarebytes, both free, and I use Ccleaner, also free, to delete cookies and browsing history, etc. when I shut down my laptop for the night.

1 click (Ccleaner) and you're done.