Trusted Contributor

I am livid with QVC for tracking my every move!

Something seriously needs to be done about QVC and my invasion of privacy!If I as much as slow down to look over something, I get an email about it.If I am browsing in several catagories, I get emails about the products I previe. I am really sick and tired of several emails daily telling me the price has been reduced on something I looked at.

I do not appreciate QVC following my every move and sending me notices ti encourage me buying these items. I don't need 6 emails daily from the Q trying to make a sale.

I  am not motivated to purchase by these things. In fact. I decide not to buy them because the Q irritates me so much.

I want someone to make them stop emailing me several times a day. I don't need any "help" in determining what I purchase. I'm livid now as they have been doing it for so long!

I may just discontinue using the Q. I feel their merchandise is more inferior  now and their prices keep getting higher.

Honored Contributor

Re: I am livid with QVC for tracking my every move!

@keithsmom65 

Opt out of emails.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

You're livid because QVC can track you on their site? 

Respected Contributor

The way of the world with technology. 

It is pointless to get angry at QVC--it is all automated.

I am sure those with strong computer skills can figure out how to avoid some of the many communications.

Remember, some email companies can actually READ all your emails and target ads to you that way.

Just watch some sci-fi movies and you will see that soon ads will be floating over our heads or appearing on our skin!

Honored Contributor

Perhaps you should transfer your lividness to something of more consequence.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Etoile308 wrote:

You're livid because QVC can track you on their site? 

I understand completely what the OP is trying to say for one part. I can be looking on QVC site, leave, and go to the Washington Post and start getting QVC ads. It is very annoying. 

When I get a post from QVC I don't want I send it to my spam mail, and I don't see it again -  it goes into my spam file that I simply delete. 

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum.  How about the hundreds of other companies that do the same thing?  That's just life in the 21st Century.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Don't blame it on QVC, blame it on yourself.  Just go into your account to Email settings and opt out of all emails.  Then you won't get anymore emails from QVC.  When we set up our accounts, we choose whether or not we want emails from them.

Contributor

Scroll down to the bottom of email and click on the word unsubscribe which wil bring you to a QVC page. From there, click on unsubscribe again and that should take care of your problem.  I just did this very thing tonight.

Honored Contributor

I don't understand.  I only get 1-2 emails from QVC daily unless I ordered something. 

I don't consider their emails an invasion of my privacy.  Opt out of the emails if you don't like them.  Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email.  Also, don't order anything.  All retailers send emails after a purchase.  They have your email address.  

It isn't QVC following you around, most likely it's Google that has a monopoly on advertising.  QVC purchased the advertising from Google, though.  Google knows a lot about you and the rest of us.  Maybe, you should be angry with them, too.  

I have gotten very good buys from emails, some I wouldn't have known about, so I consider them a plus.  

Retailers are just trying to survive, so I am more tolerant.

As far as QVC ads appearing on your screen, have you noticed all other retailers do the same thing?  Use an ad blocker.