Respected Contributor

Re: I am far from being a prude, however....

As the hosts are pretending to unwind on a Friday evening and probably having a " gimmick" drink they are subtly reminding us that they also offer alcoholic beverages at the Q. It's a shopping channel after all, and they promote all their offerings 24/7. 

They also offer food... constantly and many of those offerings are not health concious choices either, especially for diabetics. 

We need to take responsibility for our own choices and actions and stop placing blame else where. Not everything needs to be stopped, censored or mandated.

Contributor

I worry about this thread which seems to ignore what alcoholism is: a disease. Those who have the disease, like anyone with a disease that is in part heritary, has to decide how to treat the disease, how to have the richest and best life he or she can have, evn while being an alcoholic. Until we, as a country, understand alcoholism as disease we will never treat it appropriately. It is not a moral failure. Driving while drunk is the moral failure. Treating others terribly because you are drunk is a moral failure. Being an alcoholic, like being a diabetic, or having Lupus, is NOT a moral failure. Please do some reasearch. Talk to a doctor. Offer kindness and support, not judgment that does no one any good. 

Trusted Contributor

Do you really think the hosts are drinking wine, with the exception of the days they are selling wine? 

Just because one is drinking from a wine glass, does not necessary mean they are actually drinking wine. 

I would venture to guess that there is grape juice in them thar glasses. 

Contributor

I agree with you do not like the wine drinking
Super Contributor

Why would they say it is wine if it's not?

Valued Contributor

What about all the food shows, cookies, candies, etc. Do those shows tempt a diabetic to change their diet?

If someone is going to criticize having a glass of wine, then I would suggest some dealing with diabetes, heart disease, dieting, etc. skip all the food and drink presentations.

Frequent Contributor

I agree.  I haven't liked it since it started.  

What's the point?  

Frequent Contributor

They make it look glamorous.  And, usually it is anything but.

Respected Contributor

@yamma024 wrote:

Why would they say it is wine if it's not?

I don't know, maybe they like to joke around?  I was watching a recent show with Jane and Courtney and at the start of it JT was laughing and acting super-silly and kept commenting to the effect she'd had too much wine then said "No, not really just kidding."

I agree it's not really funny or necessary but don't think the PTB would tolerate having a bunch of drunk hosts on air.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvsmyfam   with some of the comments, I do wonder!  I am fascinated by what bugs folks.