Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am far from being a prude, however....

Always the same faux piety and outrage.

Why not also complain about QVC's sweepstakes and contests, which may encourage those so inclined to indulge in gambling addiction......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of the bridal salons and the better hair salons offer wine to their customers.

It is quite common and I don't see a problem with it.  Personally, it is none of my business.  Drinking a glass of wine is a personal thing. I try to stay out of somone else's personal business.

If it is not hurting anyone, why would it bother anyones? I guess some people want to police others.  Some people look for things to complain about.

Respected Contributor

Drinking and eating, oh my! Why not complain that they sell calorie laden food and the hosts moan and smack their lips and stuff their faces to encourage us to eat. This will certainly cause people to be gluttons, lead to people becoming diabetics, and cause heart problems. If one has no self control or cannot moderate their own healthy choices, a QVC program with a host holding a wine glass to sell joggers is the least of their problems.

Esteemed Contributor

Just this past Thursday I thought about this Topic. I thought it was over with but I was wrong. Check today and here it is.

Oh well!!

Respected Contributor

People are wondering why they're drinking wine? First off, they're not. The level in the wine glass never seems to change. They just tote them around attempting to create a festive vibe, like an evening with friends. Unless you can become intoxicated from the wine fumes, alone, they won't be driving home UTI Woman Wink. Do you for one minute think the Q would take on that legal responsibility? Heck no! 

For those who are not aware, click search for 'cases of wine.' The Q sells a good deal of wine, which will likely be on air even more as holidays approach. There's Martha Stewart, Zakarian, Vintage Estates (I think) and a few more. The wine you see the hosts toting around are sold on the Q. It's not a crazy BYOB night. I do note that hosts will take sips of the wines during presentations, but only sips to describe their interpretation of the flavors.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying wine when handled responsibly. We can't eliminate the enjoyment of wine for wine fans, and collectors, simply because some people can't control their behavior. They will always exist among us, abusing one thing, or another. 

Trusted Contributor

This topic is right up there with Foodnet work and their endless cooking shows with an obscene amount of sugar and fat.  Let it go....turn the channel....we cannot change the world of alcoholism and diabetes. 

Valued Contributor

Is it always wine?  No coffee to tea or smoothie?  Any cheese, etc?  Do they tell which wine they are drinking?  I ask because I just never watch but am curious why this is a normal practice.

Occasional Contributor

It concerns me that some believe that a host having a glass of wine is considered worrisome or promoting alcoholism, but a morbidly obese host dancing around eating pastries is adored and can do no wrong. If you think it’s normal to keep food in your home and not be morbidly obese, or own a car and not drive over 100 miles an hour, or own a credit card and not be in debt, then even if you don’t drink alcohol, you should be able to understand that it’s possible to enjoy a glass of wine or two without becoming an alcoholic.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the whole concept of this is just stupid.

But then I think it looks stupid when hosts are walking around with coffee mugs during morning shows.  And don't get me started on Leah's "mocktails" at 7:00 a.m.

It's all nothing more than a sales pitch.  Come on in, have a drink, morning coffee, etc. with me, and shop. 

Drinking in general was another thing that started for a lot of people during the pandemic.  Lots of martini Mondays and women having "girls' night" on Zoom with wine and cocktails, etc.       

Super Contributor

I'm indifferent however I know of very few workplaces that permit employee drinking whilst working..