Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am far from being a prude, however....

Just another sign of selling desperation.

Regular Contributor

I absolutely agree with you.

Respected Contributor

Really have to agree with the other poster, about drinking on the job. Q would definitely be libel. It's probably grape juice, and white grape juice.

Honored Contributor

It was prohibited in my workplace. It doesn't bother me if the hosts sip wine as part of a show. 

Honored Contributor

Does anyone actually see them drinking the wine?  I never watch that gang but I figured they have 2 glasses, a white and a red, and they take turns carrying them around. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

This subject keeps being revived - probably by the same posters.

Seeing someone on tv holding a glass of wine is not going to drive anyone to alcoholism.  Ridiculous overreaction.

If that's all it took, we'd better ban it from every tv show, every movie, every commercial and remove it from supermarket shelves.

If you're hyper-sensitive to the power of suggestion, best to turn the tv off.  But don't project it onto everyone else.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think it promotes alcoholism and I have no problem with enjoying wine. I think it's a prop trying to promote the show as a friends getting together for a girls night out party hoping the viewers  will join the fun and buy.  Shades of Tupperware or Pampered Chef home parties.

What's in the glass is unimportant, it's the mood they are trying to create.  Must be working because it's been on for quite awhile.  Not working for me, I don't watch.  

Respected Contributor

I believe the only person you should be concerned and opinionated about is you.

It is so easy to cast blame and criticisms on others and found the only person I should be critical is myself.

I could care less what they do or what they say.

I just can't imagine watching any more than 5 minutes at a time.  The new products are so limited, it's just not what it used to be.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I highly doubt a TV host drinking something is going to promote alcoholism. Seriously.

@Love my grandkids Maybe not, but why do it?  Anything that makes it seem like so much fun and so necessary may motivate one DUI. Which is one too many.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo wrote:

Really have to agree with the other poster, about drinking on the job. Q would definitely be libel. It's probably grape juice, and white grape juice.

@kittyloo  I agree, it's grape juice or anything but alcohol.

I don't see the connection between them "drinking" on set and alcoholism but I have wondered if they may be using the power of suggestion for another reason.  Perhaps they're hoping viewers will pour themselves a glass (or more) of their favorite alcoholic beverage, they'll loosen up and become more likely to buy...a lot.