QVC Customer Care

Re: I am far from being a prude, however....

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't even noticed. 

Super Contributor

Imo this is a shopping channel period.  Show hosts, while some may be friendly, kind, accessible , relatable, etc. are not "friends" or "role models".  They are salespeople.  

If a consumer is offended by a sales technique I'd suggest walking away as you might in a brick and morter shop if a salesperson is offensive.  

New Contributor

Wow, you're calling her smug when your reply is dripping with smugness and pretentiousness as you properly define words?

Contributor

RECENTLY, during DRY JANUARY, the hosts said on 2 different occasions that they were drinking wine.

Hosts would only tell the truth, yes?

Contributor

All I have to say is good grief, are you serious? They model the clothing they are trying to sell, they taste the food they are trying to sell, they demonstrate electronics they are trying to sell. You are having a fit because they actually drink the wine they are trying to sell? By your logic, they should not taste any of the cakes or cookies they are trying to sell because it might promote diabetes. Just stop.
Super Contributor

@Conbrad  Why are you bumping old threads?

I have heard Amy (I think) say "pretend wine". Not sure it matters. I don't care if it is wine.

Honored Contributor

Altho I think this is kinda silly,I did notice the guy selling the "pop wine" seemed a little geeked. That may have been becuz they selling soooo much of that stuff.

Trusted Contributor

The wine drinking is just silly IMO.  What does awkwardly holding a glass of wine have to do with selling an item of clothing, except make the host look silly, especially when they rarely even drink the wine - or whatever is in the glass. There have been many discussions on this topic, together with hosts wearing PJ's, eye glasses, overly chatting about their family, and on and on. If you attend Fashion Week, the focus is always on the clothing, the models learn to be expressionless and blend in as part of the fashion "canvas." The Q's marketing seems to focus on the hosts and various silly gimmicks that take away from what they are selling, which I've never understood. But nothing changes, despite the repeated feedback from this forum, whatever!

Regular Contributor

@gizmogal: well done!