Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am far from being a prude, however....

I do not watch that often any more, but I have seen them supposedly drinking wine but really did not believe that it was wine.  I guess that I am naive, but I thought it was fake.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

I thank you for your considerate and courteous reply, and for understanding my perspective.

I agree with you about home and country. I am very concerned about the state of our nation, and our world. I pray frequently about it as we are bombarded by the bad and sad news daily.

There are so many reasons people are doing such bad things, especially the youth. I believe it all should start in the cradle , and on up. Parents need to put their children in church and raise them there, and allow them to develop a strong faith, practicing what the Bible says.  What is learned in the home carries into the life of every child to adulthood.

I pray this changes for parents and they accept the leadership role of faith in their families, so their children grow up in their faith. I believe this would stop all of the senseless things youth do as temptation is everywhere.

Thank you. ♥

Esteemed Contributor

@Rockycoast wrote:

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

@MarkeieMark wrote:

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I highly doubt a TV host drinking something is going to promote alcoholism. Seriously.

I'll drink to that.

love this thread!  My 2 bits:  Grant me serenity to accept things I cannot change, courage to change the channel......and so on!  

I hardly ever watch these days, but I did just happen to see the clown-host wearing a strange  knit hat and awkward looking, big glasses, laying in a bed with fleece sheets & drinking WINE of all things.   It shows that she does not take her job seriously, she did not make me want to buy anything or drink anything.  etc.   Made me think that she is just a loser with a tv show. 

I agree with you. I watched a short segment of her. She did look very silly dressed as she was and then crawled into bed with a wine glass.  Ridiculous!. She is not a fav of mine so I changed the channel.

@Rockycoast , Love your description - it's perfection. Hope you won't mind if I use your "clown host.." LOL, that's a first!

Honored Contributor

The real prob w/ things is credit cards and easy pays. People are encouraged to buy? things that they cannot afford and then use the easy pay option.

And todays TSV is wine-Oh My!.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Respected Contributor

What about alcoholics who watch? I agree, it looks ie one use have alcohol to have fun. Not a good message, even for those of us most concerned about our country right now.
Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Ditto to everything said!!

Honored Contributor

Hope they don't sell alcohol in your grocery stores. Very tempting for alcoholics to purchase. I hope they don't dine in restaurants that offer alcohol either. Just to see diners sitting at tables drinking and you walk in with your children! 

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Drinking and eating, oh my! Why not complain that they sell calorie laden food and the hosts moan and smack their lips and stuff their faces to encourage us to eat. This will certainly cause people to be gluttons, lead to people becoming diabetics, and cause heart problems. If one has no self control or cannot moderate their own healthy choices, a QVC program with a host holding a wine glass to sell joggers is the least of their problems.

@SunValley    You haven't seen those posts here too?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

The real prob w/ things is credit cards and easy pays. People are encouraged to buy? things that they cannot afford and then use the easy pay option.

And todays TSV is wine-Oh My!.

I guess this thread about sin now covers everything but sex.  Anyone want to go for it? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

Drinking and eating, oh my! Why not complain that they sell calorie laden food and the hosts moan and smack their lips and stuff their faces to encourage us to eat. This will certainly cause people to be gluttons, lead to people becoming diabetics, and cause heart problems. If one has no self control or cannot moderate their own healthy choices, a QVC program with a host holding a wine glass to sell joggers is the least of their problems.

@SunValley    You haven't seen those posts here too?

@Kachina624 Glad to say I haven't. They sell everything but self control...