Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am far from being a prude, however....

I like watching old TV shows ...like Perry Mason. Even many old movies have a bar area  in the home.

In just about every show...someone is making someone  "a drink". Hubby comes home from work and the wife comes in and makes him a drink,

I just happened to notice that drinking on TV has been around for a long time.

Honored Contributor

Anyone that easily influenced by anything they see on TV shouldn't even own a TV, considering all of the sex, nudity, drugs, crime, etc. that's shown.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just like on other shows, it's probably juice or NA wine.

Even if it is wine, I don't care.  It's not a big deal to me.

I'd want wine if I had to host a lot of the products offered on air. 

Honored Contributor

I agree. Sell without implying drinking as fun and enjoyable. I abhor drinking and find this programming offensive. 

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 ..................How do you know that they are not  drinking grape juice while on air?

Showing people drinking will not make anyone that does not want to or make them drink more.  If they are so inclined ithey will no matter what.

Just because you dont approve does not mean it should be stopped.  You, of course are intitled to your opinion and belief's but dont force it on others.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Another technique to suggest we are all girlfriends getting together to relax and have a good time.  Just relax, sit back, have some wine, and order - please.

Even though I don’t drink, I think it’s ok to drink in moderation.  But drinking (or pretend drinking) on a shopping channel just to create a vibe of relaxation to buy is just silly and wrong.  My opinion here.  

Honored Contributor

I think anyone who would be influenced by QVC to drink, isn't even the kind of person who would watch QVC.

Respected Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Of the many potential sources of worry or anxiety, sorry, but unlikely ramifications of hosts purporting to drink wine during presentations is so not one of them. 

Unless of course my pantry needs restocking.

LOL!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@keithsmom65   It does strike me as unprofessional for a sales person on a shopping  channel to show their sales people drinking on the job. I rarely watch QVC anymore and only watch video's of an item I want to know more about.  I can't say I have witnessed this a lot but I have seen it.  I'm not judging them for drinking as I myself enjoy an occassional glass of wine.  I do, however, think it just seems out of place or "not a good fit" for the "Q".

It seems everywhere you look in today's society, there has to be alcohol to have fun or to relax.  Now,  that is a problem, imo.  

Respected Contributor

first time ever,I happen to agree with you.i think posters comment is a little over the top.come on,aren't we all adults here?