Honored Contributor

Re: I Like The Hearts

[ Edited ]

@SHIRAZ wrote:

Aesthetically, I too would have liked a different type of icon - a star or thumbs up - instead of a heart.  Then I realized the Heart is the icon that is used on ToGather, QVC's social site.  I would assume the Forums, the shopping website and the ToGather site are all part of the same "package."  (Sorry I don't know the technical jargon for it.)  But since the sites are all linked, they all have the same characteristics.  I've noticed lately, the products on qvc.com all have the Hearts on them, so you can add them to your ToGather collections as you shop. 

In the end, it doesn't really matter what the symbol is, as they all serve the same purpose.

and in a following post added: 

@SHIRAZ wrote:

I just noticed tonight that Pinterest has gone to the Hearts too.  They used to have a "like" option, but now its a Heart

----

Shiraz, thank you for continuing to share the latest information you find regarding "the philososphy of the heart".  I really appreciate it, especially since we haven't received anything more official info yet. I feel like we're very simpatico in this instance: we love to try to figure out stuff... especially when an explanation goes wanting. Smiley Wink

lol, you've convinced me... it really does sound as though QVC is using the hearts as their icon of choice to sort of tie together a general product package. Yeah, this is all still sorta, kinda vague... but, more and more, it's sounding like QVC had a general market strategy in mind regarding the hearts icon. lol, and that's just fine with me, I just would appreciate their sharing it with us sometime soon.  *s*

and so, I'm going to say it again (and probably, again and again and yet again)...

I just am over the moon over those hearts. I think they're so much fun. They just make me happy.

So I'd really appreciate it if QVC could just get rid of those name/catagory designations that are tied to these happy go lucky hearts, because that's made some people unhappy... and that's just no fun. 

-- bebe... the heart happy one Smiley Wink 

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your response bebe777 and making it so clear.  I appreciate it when someone takes the time to answer so that was nice of you to do.

I am getting to like the hearts now especially since I now have a couple.

Miata 1

Trusted Contributor

I notice sometimes people give hearts to the quoter and replier,  and not the op.

For example poster "A" makes a noteworthy comment,

poster "B" quotes and replies to poster "A"

and then poster "B" is hearted for agreeing with and/or replying to poster "A"

I try to heart the original post and if like the comments and replies to the op, I will heart them, too. 

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@sailor moon wrote:

I notice sometimes people give hearts to the quoter and replier,  and not the op.

For example poster "A" makes a noteworthy comment,

poster "B" quotes and replies to poster "A"

and then poster "B" is hearted for agreeing with and/or replying to poster "A"

I try to heart the original post and if like the comments and replies to the op, I will heart them, too. 

sailor moon, thanks for mentioning that. I've noticed that too... in fact, sometimes I do that too. Ooops!! When I notice I've done that, I always go back to the original post and heart that one as well. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

Shiraz, thank you for continuing to share the latest information you find regarding "the philososphy of the heart".  I really appreciate it, especially since we haven't received anything more official info yet. I feel like we're very simpatico in this instance: we love to try to figure out stuff... especially when an explanation goes wanting. Smiley Wink

lol, you've convinced me... it really does sound as though QVC is using the hearts as their icon of choice to sort of tie together a general product package. Yeah, this is all still sorta, kinda vague... but, more and more, it's sounding like QVC had a general market strategy in mind regarding the hearts icon. lol, and that's just fine with me, I just would appreciate their sharing it with us sometime soon.  *s*

So I'd really appreciate it if QVC could just get rid of those name/catagory designations that are tied to these happy go lucky hearts, because that's made some people unhappy... and that's just no fun. 

HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Hey Bebe.  Thanks for your support.  I don't actually "know" anything , but I'm always happy to share my theories since there are so many questions on how things work around here.  I do have a new theory on the contributor designations.  I'm wondering if the administrators categorize us for some kind of statistical record keeping?  Like we had 97 New Contributors sign up last month and we ended the month with 2543 Super Contributors, 1131 Valued Contributors, 862 Trusted Contributors etc.  (Now don't anybody start criticizing my numbers - I freely admit I'm just making them up!!!)  Just an Idea.  Sometimes we get rubbed the wrong way and start jumping to all kinds of conclusions when there really isn't anything nefarious going on.  I do wish instead of all the names, they would just adopt a system like Ebay.  With so many transactions under your belt, you earn a yellow star, a blue star, a red star, etc.  They are very unobtrusive and you don't really notice that different members have different colored stars.  The names on this board are far to prominent!

P.S.  I think you shoud make-- bebe... the heart happy one Smiley Wink your siggy!

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."
Honored Contributor

Re: I Like The Hearts

[ Edited ]

@SHIRAZ wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

Hey Bebe.  Thanks for your support.  I don't actually "know" anything , but I'm always happy to share my theories since there are so many questions on how things work around here.  I do have a new theory on the contributor designations.  I'm wondering if the administrators categorize us for some kind of statistical record keeping?  Like we had 97 New Contributors sign up last month and we ended the month with 2543 Super Contributors, 1131 Valued Contributors, 862 Trusted Contributors etc.  (Now don't anybody start criticizing my numbers - I freely admit I'm just making them up!!!)  Just an Idea.  Sometimes we get rubbed the wrong way and start jumping to all kinds of conclusions when there really isn't anything nefarious going on.  I do wish instead of all the names, they would just adopt a system like Ebay.  With so many transactions under your belt, you earn a yellow star, a blue star, a red star, etc.  They are very unobtrusive and you don't really notice that different members have different colored stars.  The names on this board are far to prominent!

P.S.  I think you shoud make-- bebe... the heart happy one Smiley Wink your siggy!

Shiraz, lol, I'm loving all this cloak and dagger stuff, cause I would really like to get to the heart of the matter. Smiley Wink

I'me one of these people who starts to watch a movie and 5-15 minutes in have figured out what's going to happen and what the plot twists are. I read Agatha Christie novels and have figured out most of the twists and turns two-thirds of the way through the book. I just like puzzles. Smiley Happy I really enjoyed the TV series, 24 (with Jack Bauer/Kiefer Sutherland) because I almost never had any clue as to what was going to happen next. Lol, the writers were 17 steps ahead on my machinations almost all of the time (I also loved that they produced the original, much underrated Nikita TV series). Once in a great while I'd actually figure something out and start celebrating... only to be taken right back to reality with the very next unexpected plot twist. lol, so I digress... Smiley Wink

You kind of lost me on the statistical record keeping, though it's a creative, out-of-the-box idea. Smiley Happy Unfortunately, I think the numbers stuff is probably just mundane: they keep the numbers just because it's one of those things that computers are really good at doing. 

I agree with you about the eBay solution to this issue. It does sound unobtrusive and would probably make this issue go away. 

You wrote: 

Thank you so much for that, because it brought a smile to my face... and I like to smile, laugh, poke fun at myself... it's all good fun. Smiley Happy  

And it was such a thoughtful thing for you to say. Thank you, I really appreciate it!!

I spend most of my time in the Wen hair care forum... where we all have bouncy, Wen model hair Smiley Wink ... so I tend to use Wen siggies that I make up as I go along. But I really like your heartfelt idea, so I think I'll rotate it in. 

Thanks again, and have a great weekend!!! 

-- bebe... the heart happy one, with the bouncy Wen model hair Smiley Wink