Super Contributor
I wish and think that it would be helpful and better for presenting many of the sweaters and shirts that keep slipping off the wooden hangers if the Q would just use the huggable hangers from HSN. These hangers prevent slippage and allow the garment to shown around the collar. We all know that sweaters should be folded but for the sake of presentation , it is not working when a shirt or sweater keeps falling of or has to be readjusted constantly by the host.
Respected Contributor

Re: Huggable hangers for QVC

Good point!

Valued Contributor

@Grace6663582  good idea! I love my Huggable Hangers.

Honored Contributor

It would be a good idea except for the people putting the clothes on those hangers. Have you ever tried to put a sweater on one of those hangers before? It doesn't go on exactly smoothly, if you know what I mean. You have to take time to get the piece onto to the hanger so it hangs right. Too much time involved especially when there's dozens of items to be hung for all of the presentations.

Esteemed Contributor

ITA, presentation is everything.  Those old wooden hangers are so passe'.   Lots of times the white paint on them is chipped and even dirty!  They should make a better effort.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

QVC sells their OWN 'huggable' hangers from Clutter Free.

I have always wondered why they don't use those too!

The hangers they use are awful for SO many items and look terrible for the presentations flopping off.

I have Huggable and Clutter free and hang EVERYTHING, including things you are supposed to fold.

Takes no more time for me than a regular hanger.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

It would be a good idea except for the people putting the clothes on those hangers. Have you ever tried to put a sweater on one of those hangers before? It doesn't go on exactly smoothly, if you know what I mean. You have to take time to get the piece onto to the hanger so it hangs right. Too much time involved especially when there's dozens of items to be hung for all of the presentations.

@SilleeMee   I think you hit the nail right on the head.  Putting any type of knit on & off those hangers (Clutter Free or Huggable Hangers) would take considerably more time to do.  The crews have to constantly move clothes, and 99% of fashions that QVC sells are knits of some sort. 

Plus, hosts are always trying to style clothes by taking them on & off hangers repeatedly to show what goes with what.  The reason that they are not easy to come off is the same reason they would be quite a hassle to use on set.

Honored Contributor

Qvc doesn't need to borrow Huggable Hangers from HSN as the have their own version which I actually like better.  They have a small hook on them that enables you to hand a second garment or to cascade.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I gave a set of the huggable hangers to my son and he hated them . Said it took too long to get a shirt off . He just likes to pull on one side and have it slide easily off the hanger . 

Esteemed Contributor

It might be nice to have a  female dress form or headless mannequin as they have in sewing shops to display tops or sweaters . They could have the other colors & patterns on hangars  along with a live  model .