Honored Contributor

Re: How do you Moderators determine how/when to start a new forum category?

Since there was a lack of response from @Keyai and @Eva-QVC after Brittany forwarded our inquiry to them, I called QVC customer service. They said they would forward our inquiry to the proper department.

I then did a live chat this morning, which just happened to be Brittany on the other end! YAY!

The bottom line to my question about what the criteria is for determining who/what/when/how a new forum category is set up and our desire to have a Travel category (also Perricone returned, and the others that many of you indicated you wanted) was:

"Unfortunately, we do not know who exactly does it; we have this forwarded over to our online service department that handles this matter."

I'll keep pursuing this until the appropriate person at QVC can give us more concrete answers. Smiley Happy

@Boehm Collector @Pearlee @Bird mama @GingerPeach @Chi-town girl @dooBdoo @sunshine45 @spikeysmom @newziesuzie @itsmagic

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World TravelerThank you for your follow up on this. I think a travel forum would be great.  

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

Since there was a lack of response from @Keyai and @Eva-QVC after Brittany forwarded our inquiry to them, I called QVC customer service. They said they would forward our inquiry to the proper department.

I then did a live chat this morning, which just happened to be Brittany on the other end! YAY!

The bottom line to my question about what the criteria is for determining who/what/when/how a new forum category is set up and our desire to have a Travel category (also Perricone returned, and the others that many of you indicated you wanted) was:

"Unfortunately, we do not know who exactly does it; we have this forwarded over to our online service department that handles this matter."

I'll keep pursuing this until the appropriate person at QVC can give us more concrete answers. Smiley Happy

@Boehm Collector @Pearlee @Bird mama @GingerPeach @Chi-town girl @dooBdoo @sunshine45 @spikeysmom @newziesuzie @itsmagic

@World Traveler

Thanks for the update!   I want to add @NAES1 to your list of those interested in talking about travels, since she expressed an interest in another thread and might want to read this thread.   Also, @adoreqvc often posts about travels, and might like to see this and chime in.  If I think of others, I'll add them and hope everyone will.   As I said before, I can understand why the number of forums has to be limited, but I hope they'll look at suggestions and also at the activity/inactivity levels in each sub-forum (in my experience in IT, that should be very easy to do using software).

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

@World Traveler

Thanks for the update!   I want to add @NAES1 to your list of those interested in talking about travels, since she expressed an interest in another thread and might want to read this thread.   Also, @adoreqvc often posts about travels, and might like to see this and chime in.  If I think of others, I'll add them and hope everyone will.   As I said before, I can understand why the number of forums has to be limited, but I hope they'll look at suggestions and also at the activity/inactivity levels in each sub-forum (in my experience in IT, that should be very easy to do using software).

@dooBdoo Thanks for notifying others interested in travel. I should have thought of @NAES1 since she and I have an ongoing thread about her current travel in China. Let's hope others will join in too and get the category added.

Esteemed Contributor

@z-del Traveler. Heart

[see]>   Note Shout Out to @NAES1.

NAES

4\30\2016: Saturday

Have a great day!Woman Happy 

Honored Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@z-del Traveler. Heart

[see]>   Note Shout Out to @NAES1.

NAES

4\30\2016: Saturday

Have a great day!Woman Happy 

Hi, @NAES1!  I'm glad you saw our shout-out to you!  Have a lovely day/weekend!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@World Traveler wrote:

I am addressing this question to several of you moderators, as I am not sure who might best be able to answer this.

@Beth-QVC @Brittany-QVC @Keyai @Eva-QVC

How do you determine whether or not to start a new forum category/subject? For instance, on three occasions over a period of a few months I requested that the Perricone forum be brought back, which disappeared when this board was revamped.

Also, someone suggested that I ask for a Travel forum for those of us who like to talk about what we do on vacation. This would allow us to share experiences, thus giving each other ideas of places to go and things to do.

A recent discussion I was involved with in the health forum veered off into travel experiences. I ended up copying and pasting that discussion into a new topic under Among Friends so as not to disrupt the flow of the health discussion that was already underway. 

Could you please offer your criteria for determining who/what/when/how a new forum category is set up? Does it take a certain number of people requesting it over a predetermined amount of time before it happens? Does it have to be about something QVC promotes? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can give for me to better understand this process. Heart

Hi @World Traveler,

Thanks for your post inquiring about the process to get additional forum categories added to the current list. My apologies for not responding to you sooner.

We generally try not to make too many changes to the category listing to allow Community members to get used to the structure of the forums. Especially with all of the changes that came with the new forum platform. However, a few times a year we review the traffic for each category to determine if the Community is using the category or if there is a new category that should be added that would support shopping discussions.  As you know, there are categories in the Community that are not about shopping (i.e. Pet Lovers, Recipes, TV & Movies, etc.). Several non-shopping categories were created many years ago and continue to receive a good amount of activity today. There are a lot of categories currently which is another big consideration we have to make when reviewing the possibility of adding more to the list. Having a long list of categories can create many small pockets of conversations and might create confusion or intimidate new members of the Community. One great way to get your travel category considered would be to start a monthly discussion so we can see if other forum members would enjoy that topic as much as you do. Seeing an active thread will help us determine if the topic should be added to the already long list of categories.

We always appreciate when suggestions are posted in the Suggestion Box category from customers like yourself seeking to make the QVC forums better.

edited to add: I see you got advice from others and have already started a thread in the Among Friends category, perfect! I hope others will join your discussions about all things travel!

Link to the Travel May Chat

Honored Contributor

@Keyai-QVC wrote:

@World Traveler wrote:

I am addressing this question to several of you moderators, as I am not sure who might best be able to answer this.

@Beth-QVC @Brittany-QVC @Keyai @Eva-QVC

How do you determine whether or not to start a new forum category/subject? For instance, on three occasions over a period of a few months I requested that the Perricone forum be brought back, which disappeared when this board was revamped.

Also, someone suggested that I ask for a Travel forum for those of us who like to talk about what we do on vacation. This would allow us to share experiences, thus giving each other ideas of places to go and things to do.

A recent discussion I was involved with in the health forum veered off into travel experiences. I ended up copying and pasting that discussion into a new topic under Among Friends so as not to disrupt the flow of the health discussion that was already underway. 

Could you please offer your criteria for determining who/what/when/how a new forum category is set up? Does it take a certain number of people requesting it over a predetermined amount of time before it happens? Does it have to be about something QVC promotes? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can give for me to better understand this process. Heart

Hi @World Traveler,

Thanks for your post inquiring about the process to get additional forum categories added to the current list. My apologies for not responding to you sooner.

We generally try not to make too many changes to the category listing to allow Community members to get used to the structure of the forums. Especially with all of the changes that came with the new forum platform. However, a few times a year we review the traffic for each category to determine if the Community is using the category or if there is a new category that should be added that would support shopping discussions.  As you know, there are categories in the Community that are not about shopping (i.e. Pet Lovers, Recipes, TV & Movies, etc.). Several non-shopping categories were created many years ago and continue to receive a good amount of activity today. There are a lot of categories currently which is another big consideration we have to make when reviewing the possibility of adding more to the list. Having a long list of categories can create many small pockets of conversations and might create confusion or intimidate new members of the Community. One great way to get your travel category considered would be to start a monthly discussion so we can see if other forum members would enjoy that topic as much as you do. Seeing an active thread will help us determine if the topic should be added to the already long list of categories.

We always appreciate when suggestions are posted in the Suggestion Box category from customers like yourself seeking to make the QVC forums better.

@Keyai Thank you so much for your response and explanation. That helps us a lot.

You and I must be on the same wavelength, as yesterday I started a separate thread on travel called Travel - May Chat. Hopefully, it will generate enough interest for you to consider a travel category. Smiley Happy