Honored Contributor

Re: How about some nice dinnerware, sophisticated not cutsey

Amen!

I do like Temp-tations Woodland collection though. I have some in white.  But Woodland sells out so quickly, when they do have it at all, because it's still not the brand's focus,  They never get a lot in any color.  

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

Anyone else tired of  Temptations? I think it's run it's course.  I know many like it and it's reasonable in price, but I was never a fan and it just seems old fashioned to me.

If qvc wants to attract a younger audience, believe me they would not buy Temptations.They would prefer plain white to all those cutsey designs. Even the Food Network brand at Kohls is better.

How about something new?  Qvc really needs to bring more variety to keep me interested in watching. An hour of Temptations is a channel changer for me. I don't think I am alone.

@Catch71 

Temptations came out with solid colors in the Woodland Designs a LONG time ago and have white as well as other solid colors.

They are not cutesy.

It is the norm for QVC to do hour long shows of many lines!

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Of all the younger people I know, very few want much in the way of fancy dinnerware and most do not want matched sets.  Many have given away any matching sets of dinnerware they may have received (even from their own gift registries) as they do not want/need stuff nor do they host sit down dinners.  Most eat out a lot or get takeout and sophisticated dinnerware is not needed!  Their lives are much more casual and experiences mean more to them than dinnerware and cookware stuff!

I guess I used the wrong word saying sophisticated. My daughters and daughter in law do not host formal dinners and did not register for China. They all chose dishes from Crate and Barrell and Macys but none wanted formal china. I guess I should have said they don't like patterns on their dishes. My youngest bought plain white Correlle for when she has a crowd.

Respected Contributor

Re: How about some nice dinnerware, sophisticated not cutsey are

@Zernia Rose wrote:

There many options available in the Lenox line offered.   They are more sophisticated.

Lenox is way too fancy and we cannot even give it away at our church thrift store. Definitely show your age with Lenox.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't mean to offend anyone who likes Temptations. It certainly has been a big seller and appeals to many. I shouldn't have said. Utsey, a better word is whimsical. My suggestion was for qvc to bring in something new and I think they have just become stale and need more variety. You go on other sites and there are options, not just one brand. Lenox is another one that has been around a long time. Very formal and to be honest, our church thrift shop has trouble getting anyone to buy it. I'm a senior and Lenox was all the rage when I got married in the early 70's.  The younger generation doesn't want anything that formal.

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

Of all the younger people I know, very few want much in the way of fancy dinnerware and most do not want matched sets.  Many have given away any matching sets of dinnerware they may have received (even from their own gift registries) as they do not want/need stuff nor do they host sit down dinners.  Most eat out a lot or get takeout and sophisticated dinnerware is not needed!  Their lives are much more casual and experiences mean more to them than dinnerware and cookware stuff!

I guess I used the wrong word saying sophisticated. My daughters and daughter in law do not host formal dinners and did not register for China. They all chose dishes from Crate and Barrell and Macys but none wanted formal china. I guess I should have said they don't like patterns on their dishes. My youngest bought plain white Correlle for when she has a crowd.

@Catch71 I actually think sophisticated is the right term.  I think people want dishes that are more sophisticated, modern, casual, all-purpose, dishwasher friendly and simple.  I also see patterns being far less popular.  No gold or silver trim, maybe unique shapes etc.

And Lenox does make more modern patterns and styles too.  But it's all part of QVC's blindness to how people live now.  I'm old and a lot of what QVC sells now is stale to me.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I remember when Tara and David would comment negatively about boring white dishes.  Then they came out with their own "boring white" ware.  Lame!  

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 

I love things with butterflies as they remind me of my Mom. Sounds like you go all out for Easter with gifts and prizes.  Have fun and I hope its a pretty springlike day!  

Easter is the one holiday we do not do gifts in our family.  Flowers maybe, but not gifts. The Easter Bunny does baskets for the grandchildren and my girls usually give me tulips or hyacinths. I usually give my grandkids a chocolate bunny; I have 7 of them!

Trusted Contributor

@Catch71 Ahh, have fun with your 7 grandkids. They always make the holidays extra special.

Oh and yes, I do go all out for Easter and Christmas. Those are MY holidays and I just love having family over. Nobody else gives gifts, I just have a couple games where I have enough prizes so everyone goes home with a "prize" as well as having an Egg hunt for the little ones, a separate one for the teens and an adult egg hunt. I do hope for good weather as well. We usually do here in SoCal but with the rain lately, not so sure. 

Respected Contributor

@cjm61 

Sounds like a lot of fun!!  I'm in NJ and you just never know what the weather will be. We have had beautiful days in the 60's in early April and we have also had snow.