Respected Contributor

How about some nice dinnerware, sophisticated not cutsey

[ Edited ]

Anyone else tired of  Temptations? I think it's run it's course.  I know many like it and it's reasonable in price, but I was never a fan and it just seems old fashioned to me.

If qvc wants to attract a younger audience, believe me they would not buy Temptations.They would prefer plain white to all those cutsey designs. Even the Food Network brand at Kohls is better.

How about something new?  Qvc really needs to bring more variety to keep me interested in watching. An hour of Temptations is a channel changer for me. I don't think I am alone.

Honored Contributor

Re: How about some nice dinnerware, sophisticated not cutsey

@Catch71 wrote:

Anyone else tired of  Temptations? I think it's run it's course.  I know many like it and it's reasonable in price, but I was never a fan and it just seems old fashioned to me.

If qvc wants to attract a younger audience, believe me they would not buy Temptations.They would prefer plain white to all those cutsey designs. Even the Food Network brand at Kohls is better.

How about something new?  Qvc really needs to bring more variety to keep me interested in watching.

@Catch71 Excellent idea and they carry some Lenox products but don't really feature them.  They really need some plainer and more sculpted choices.

I am trying to weed down a 40 year collection of dinnerware and it is NOT easy.  

Vacations near outlets and a big SUV are trouble brewing.  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Catch71   Amen!  Most of Temptations seem to be quite child-like and amateurish, most unsophisticated. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

What a great suggestion. I always have had a weakness for dishes...but Temp-tations lost me when they discontinued the Toile pattern after a very short time. I had already invested money in building a set of serving pieces for my newlywed daughter who really liked it in black. Now she was left with odds and ends of it. I was never personally interested in the brand.  A fresh and new line of dinnerware would interest me very much...something more updated and current would appeal to a wider range of viewers.

Super Contributor

I have/use Temptations daily.  I have bought many additional pieces for gifts.  At the same time, I recognize it is not for everyone.  QVC also offers Fiesta dinnerware.  Many of my younger friends have chosen it for daily dinnerware (gone is the fine dinning china).  It would be a nice/dare I say, popular option. . .   

Trusted Contributor

@Catch71 I'm sure you're not alone, many of us have different tastes and some like Temp-tations while others don't. I haven't really bought much of it since I have a ton of other dishes. But, ironically for the first time I placed 7 orders within the last week for Temp-tations. I purchased 3 different patterned large utensil crocks (2 holiday and 1 red). These crocks are so large they do hold all my cooking utensils. I love them.

My Easter theme this year is butterflies so I purchased several items in the spring theme with the butterflies on them as gifts and prizes.

I do agree QVC needs to broaden their options but I did enjoy the Temp-tations shows today, I just don't need anymore bakeware or dishes so I rarely purchase. 

Respected Contributor

Well, I like my Temp-tations.  I also have many other types of china/dinnerware.  One for Christmas-Lenox and Temp-tations, Polish china sets, and china from England and Old Country Roses from England. I also have red Doodle Doo.  I love all kinds of dishware and use it.  I change it for all seasons and whenever I wish.  Temp-tations is a whimsical type of dinnerware and I like that as I am not a stick in the mudd type person.  I have never had any problems with it and could buy more if I had the room.  My pattern is the Floral Lace blue.  Everyone has different tastes and I don't begrudge anyone their choices.

Honored Contributor

I have some seasonal dishes in Harvest and Patriotic- the old patterns. I haven't ordered since they changed the pattern. But I like and use what I have. 

But I do have a few pieces in Woodland white. They blend with my multicolored everyday dinnerware and other dishes. We have some Japanese dishes, and we have Japanese food frequently, so I bought the small wok bowls to add to the others.   Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Re: How about some nice dinnerware, sophisticated not cutsey are

There many options available in the Lenox line offered.   They are more sophisticated.

Honored Contributor

Of all the younger people I know, very few want much in the way of fancy dinnerware and most do not want matched sets.  Many have given away any matching sets of dinnerware they may have received (even from their own gift registries) as they do not want/need stuff nor do they host sit down dinners.  Most eat out a lot or get takeout and sophisticated dinnerware is not needed!  Their lives are much more casual and experiences mean more to them than dinnerware and cookware stuff!