Honored Contributor

Re: How about a forum titled: "Seniors"

@Trinity11wrote:

@qualitygalwrote:

We could get a lot of topics for this group under one roof.  Others beside me have been or are a senior, have helped parents out by being a caregiver, or have questions regarding things for seniors.  We really could help each other out this way and it would all be in one area.  Just an idea.

Since the majority of people who post here are seniors, I think another forum would be redundant.

What I would love is a Millennial forum. Some fresh, new ideas I would welcome reading. Fewer of the "Get Off My Lawn" kind of posts. LOL

Yes!  We need more ME ME ME and my red-carpet life posts!!!!!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it could prove interesting. We could call it "Older And Wiser" or maybe "Not Too Old...Not Too Young" for those who need an age limit.  We older gals might give or take 5 yrs.  Were pretty forgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Soonerwrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@qualitygalwrote:

We could get a lot of topics for this group under one roof.  Others beside me have been or are a senior, have helped parents out by being a caregiver, or have questions regarding things for seniors.  We really could help each other out this way and it would all be in one area.  Just an idea.

Since the majority of people who post here are seniors, I think another forum would be redundant.

What I would love is a Millennial forum. Some fresh, new ideas I would welcome reading. Fewer of the "Get Off My Lawn" kind of posts. LOL

Beats reading for the umpteenth time how great the good ole days were...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11wrote:

@Soonerwrote:

@Trinity11wrote:

@qualitygalwrote:

Beats reading for the umpteenth time how great the good ole days were...

@Trinity11  I will agree with that.  I am not someone who looks back or enjoys thinking the past was better.  I try to find what is good about today and what to enjoy today and look forward to tomorrow. 

Honored Contributor

Whippersnapper is insulting.

Honored Contributor

This was a thoughtful suggestion, QualityGal.  The only problem I see is these people will follow you wherever you go.  They think making fun of peoples ideas is cute.  I'm talking about the snarky remarks. Thankfully, some have the communication skills needed for adult discussion.  Others somehow missed the boat and never honed in on those skills.  Dismiss them.

Honored Contributor

@jubilant, Thank you, and I will. Bless you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Soonerwrote:

@DearPrudencewrote:

Just remember that in the days before the term "senior citizen" was coined, we were referred to as old people.

@DearPrudence  We ARE old.  What's wrong with that?  I'd rather be known as old than called a Senior Citizen, which seems to suggest I'm too senile to know I'm old. 

There's nothing wrong with the word "old," just like there's nothing wrong with the words young or middle aged. 

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@travelerwrote:

@travelerwrote:

What is Senior? 50, 65?

@What is Senior? 50, 65? @ becca lou wrote: I would think 50-100 plus !