New Contributor

Hosts use the word "literally" over and over in every presentation.

Hearing the hosts using the word "literally" over and over in every presentation is so annoying. I realize that the general public does this also and maybe QVC has adopted it to relate to customers but the hosts need to stop using it so often. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts use the word "literally" over and over in every presentation.

Hi @FL Native Girl 

I have come to realize, most of the time the hosts just talk-- no filter or thought put into it.  I also recognize when I reach this level of annoyed, it's time to LITERALLY change the channel.  LOL

Even the hosts I like literally work my nerves.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I think it's just a habit. They need to fill time with words, so they repeat the same things over and over. I notice the "right" after everything they say is a new one.  Alberti is one that does it constantly. 

It doesn’t bother me. I just take everything they say with a grain of salt. They are there to sell that is all. They will say whatever they have to say to do that.

I often think their friends and family must get a good laugh out of some of the stuff they say. I suspect many if not all record their shows to watch back. If that is the case I wonder if they think did I really say that?

Honored Contributor

I'm "obsessed" with the word "literally."

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In Kathy Levine's first book she talks about her interview. I think the hiring  of

hosts in those long ago days has changed.

Trusted Contributor

ADD the word "UM" to the list of repetitive words. Shawn and Isaac use the word CONSTANTLY. I'm sure OTHER hosts do, also. It's ANNOYING.

Respected Contributor

@FL Native Girl .....but you literally must get out of the way because things are '''FLYING OUT THE DOOR '''...I hear that catch phrase most often...(just a sign that I'm watching to much QVC, I guess)

Regular Contributor

Hosts saying litterally over and over doesn't bother me as much as the constant UHs and UMs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

no worries.........it won't be long before something else repeated is an issue.  these come and go.

i really need to figure out why this stuff doesn't bother me

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Frequent Contributor

That is not nearly as annoying as David constantly saying "this is". This is amazing, this is extraordinary, this is , this is... sometimes he will just say ..this.. i cant watch him anymore. Good, i have been saving money.