Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts that sounds frantic like they are melting down.

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Yes, that's her. 

Then I have to agree with your statement on the career in radio....

Respected Contributor

I saw Mary N with VPH and thought she was either not well or horribly nervous. I mentioned this in another post and was informed this was her natural speaking voice. I know my voice would need some spiffing up before speaking for a living, and I think she would benefit from coaching. I found that instead of focusing on the product, I was just hearing that tremor, and turned it off—even with a VPH show which I enjoy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, Mary Nelson does have a shaky voice, it's noticeable, but not a deal breaker for me.I think she has good selling skills.I like that she's a small woman, it helps we petite women to see what the fashions look like when there is no petite model working. That being said, where are all the young people with talent and why are they not applying for these host jobs!

Esteemed Contributor

@Johnnyeager  Mary Nelson was in radio for many years in Omaha, Nebraska. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

@FuzzyFace wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

One happens to be male and sounds like a carnival barker or had about 10 expressos. I always change the channel when he is on. Im afraid one day his head might explode.

OMG; I know exactly who you mean and I can't watch him. If he comes on, I turn the television off or change the channel. Someone should slip some valium into whatever he's drinking just before he comes on. He's just unbearable.

I can't change the channel fast enough when he comes on. 

Valued Contributor

I mute the tv when David's cookie presentations are on....vendor hostess voice is awful along with the hyper overdrive nonsense.