Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts talking to much on Valerie’s show

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

I wonder if Jennifer is related to the actor Jim Carrey. They both have that talent (if you want to call it that) to do amazing facial gymnastics. 

No wonder I can't look at her.  I don't like Jim Carrey either.  Weird.

Honored Contributor

I had to turn off Valerie's show also when I saw JC hosting.

Contributor

Absolutely agree. I was so frustrated, watching the show, waiting for Valerie to have an opportunity to speak.  

Respected Contributor

Both of Valerie's shows coincidentally had two different JC named hosts, I had to mute both of them.  Valerie was gracious but I think she deserves better. 

Contributor

I totally agree. I've noticed that since the layoffs they are hard selling. But whoever is training them is all wrong.  The hosts do a lot of talking but not describing the product!  It's become a pet peeve of mine. I want to buy but if you don't open a purse for example or describe to me the type of leaves on a wreath, the different ways it can be used, etc , I'd rather buy it at my local store.

Super Contributor

I cannot remember an original post I have ever agreed to as much as this one.

Let the professionals named in the post host.  They all have the good sense, self assurance, and self confidence to let vendors such as Valerie lead the way.

Trusted Contributor

@booklady2 wrote:

Please just let Rick, Jane or Mary Beth host the Valerie Parr Hill shows. I just finished watching the show hosted by Jennifer and she talks way too much and barely gives Valerie a chance to say anything before they are moving on to the next item. Ali does the same thing. I watch these shows to listen to Valerie describe the item and give decorating ides not the host. Rick, Jane and Mary Beth are the pros that that do the shows perfectly and are a pleasure to watch.

@booklady2 

Agree with your complaining.

Occasional Contributor

I have stopped watching and purchasing,for the same reason,some of this may be due to the fact we are at home so much.The professionalism of some of the newer hosts,is lacking,with alot of them mistaking themselves for celebritys. I am currently furloughed as a tv/ film mua,what's appalling to me is the makeup,so overdone,so heavy.I cringe.And the application is cookie cutter,but then Halloween is approaching.

Honored Contributor

@booklady2 wrote:

Please just let Rick, Jane or Mary Beth host the Valerie Parr Hill shows. I just finished watching the show hosted by Jennifer and she talks way too much and barely gives Valerie a chance to say anything before they are moving on to the next item. Ali does the same thing. I watch these shows to listen to Valerie describe the item and give decorating ides not the host. Rick, Jane and Mary Beth are the pros that that do the shows perfectly and are a pleasure to watch.

@booklady2   Do you mean Jane T. or Jayne Brown?  I think Jayne Brown is very good with Valerie but can't imagine Jane T. being enjoyable with her.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Occasional Contributor

I have to agree with this post.  Jennifer is a great gal so I truly do want to be unkind but could someone at QVC please  gently guide her to let Valerie speak more.

I turned on the Valerie show this weekend to listen in while I did house work.  It seemed as if I heard no one but Jennifer.

Valerie is blessed exceptional communication abilities.  She is a pro whom many of us have been watching and buying from for years.  Please, please let her describe her own productsSmiley Happy