New Contributor

Hosts talking to much on Valerie’s show

Please just let Rick, Jane or Mary Beth host the Valerie Parr Hill shows. I just finished watching the show hosted by Jennifer and she talks way too much and barely gives Valerie a chance to say anything before they are moving on to the next item. Ali does the same thing. I watch these shows to listen to Valerie describe the item and give decorating ides not the host. Rick, Jane and Mary Beth are the pros that that do the shows perfectly and are a pleasure to watch.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts talking to much on Valerie’s show

@booklady2  - I couldn't agree more with you.  Valerie barely got a word in.  

Honored Contributor

I think both Jen and Ali do a fine job with Valerie who is probably relieved to not have to talk so much.  After all that's what they get paid to do.  Valerie can hold her own.

I did watch Julia late last night and thought she got too loud and giggly.  She was over-the-top "oh, gee, wow, gosh".

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@booklady2 wrote:

Please just let Rick, Jane or Mary Beth host the Valerie Parr Hill shows. I just finished watching the show hosted by Jennifer and she talks way too much and barely gives Valerie a chance to say anything before they are moving on to the next item. Ali does the same thing. I watch these shows to listen to Valerie describe the item and give decorating ides not the host. Rick, Jane and Mary Beth are the pros that that do the shows perfectly and are a pleasure to watch.

That host does that no matter which show she's hosting.  Can't watch her.

Contributor

She is a very knowledgeable host but I really wish they keep the camera on Valerie.  I believe Valerie can describe the item better.  I enjoy seeing the different ways Valerie uses the item.  I will be so happy when she can be in the studio.  This may just be me but I have noticed all of the host are talking louder, faster and using a hard sell attitude.  I am sure they are doing what they are being told.  I like all of the host and I really depend on QVC for showing so many new items.

Valued Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@booklady2 wrote:

That host does that no matter which show she's hosting.  Can't watch her.

Jennifer was making jokes and I just thought it was terrible and laughing sooo much.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if Jennifer is related to the actor Jim Carrey. They both have that talent (if you want to call it that) to do amazing facial gymnastics. 

Esteemed Contributor

@booklady2 wrote:

@booklady2   I agree about Jennifer, but I hope you are talking about Jayne Brown and not Jane T.  Can't take Jane T.

Respected Contributor

Do you really need an in depth description of a wreath? Or a candle? LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I did watch Julia late last night and thought she got too loud and giggly.  She was over-the-top "oh, gee, wow, gosh".

-----------------

Absolutely agree!!  Valerie's shows are one of the few that I do look forward to enjoying.  But last night, I turned off the Q channel after about 35 minutes.  Julia is so difficult to watch!!