Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts please state the full price of item, not just the easy pay!!

@Fair Lady wrote:

Some hosts say "Get it home" for whatever the cost of the easy pay and they don't mention the cost of the shipping. This is actually inaccurate.

Then they say "get it home and try it out, you can always return it" with out mentioning the the buyer must pay the cost of shipping both ways. This is also deceptive.

My favorite QVC hosts and vendors don't seem like infomercial hucksters. I hope QVC recognizes the advantage of having hosts and vendors that seem honest and sincere.

Plus tax ... 

And I love when they say how affordable it is for everyone. Don't assume everyone has that extra $10 or $20 a month or that we all go for fancy coffee everyday. That irks me.

Esteemed Contributor

gizmogal - Often I have the TV on for company, but am not watching it. I may know the product (or have an idea) and listen to the price. This "bait and switch" wastes my time! I'm usually in the midst of something else when I hear an easy pay price, but think it's a great sale price. Dang. Jump up and look . . . only to be disappointed by a host who hasn't given the real price for the item. 

If I really had the time and desire to sit in front of a QVC and watch their programming non-stop, I'd be divorced, fat and friendless! No thanks. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Valued Contributor

I have to admit, I find this a deceptive practice, too.  I've sometimes been pre-occupied with other things and had the Q tuned in, only to hear the host say, "you can take this home for $29.95" and look up to see that it was an easy pay amount and not the actual price of the item.  Yes, I'm capable of looking at the price myself, but it feels manipulative and sales-pitchy to me. I get it, they are trying to sell me something and this is how they make their living, but I like to think the person selling to me at least has integrity. These sorts of sales tactics make me question the trustworthiness of the host who employs them.

Esteemed Contributor

I just flipped on QVC, and they were presenting Lug, and the host said, "...$99, or three easy pays of only $19.80", so the host DID mention the full price.

Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I just flipped on QVC, and they were presenting Lug, and the host said, "...$99, or three easy pays of only $19.80", so the host DID mention the full price.

Well 3 easy pays of $19.80 does not add up to $99.????????????????????

Honored Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Well 3 easy pays of $19.80 does not add up to $99.????????????????????

@Catch71- The host was probably just trying to see if you were paying attention!  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

No one is saying, @Plaid Pants2, that none of the hosts ever give the full price.  I even said in one of my posts that I heard a host do exactly that and state the full price (then the EZpays) clearly. 

The point most of us are making, is that it's more and more common for them to state an EZpay amount instead, without bothering to first state the full price or follow up with it.  Quite often now, the catchphrase has become "you can get this home for just (X amount of dollars)" and the host then moves on to extol the virtues of the item.

The Q has just hired several new hosts.  It will be interesting to see how they convey this important information.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

njgirl - That's QVC's new math! Maybe a host has a new way to seal the deal?

Can almost guess from a couple of hosts who may have said that. Wonder if anyone else noticed? Very funny. Smiley Happy

Wonder if we'll ever see that on QVC's tapes of faux paux. Those are usually so fun!! 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

It's my biggest pet peeve with QVC, and why I will not watch Friday Night beauty anymore. Yes, I can read, yes I can do simple math. However, it irks the ****** out of me when the hosts repeatedly never mentions the actual price of the product just the easy pay, and it really would set me on fire when the host would compare the easy payment to the retail value of the item. I just find it wrong and deliberately misleading.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's a sales ploy.  Yes, it is annoying.   Everyone here has watched Q and knows they do this.  It's not illegal.  Nothing they say is untrue...it's just not the whole story about the price all at one time.  This makes it even more important for the buyer to learn the price before ordering.  If the hosts don't give you the full price or if the pop-up on screen doesn't show it, then check it out online or call Q before buying.  If a customer doesn't do that, it's their own fault for ordering something without knowing all the facts.