Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts behavior

[ Edited ]

@SunValley  I agree with you and @PeterDM  you make some good points....

Personally I think comments I've read like "that host has a pig nose"  or  "look at those elephant ears" or "boy does she have a spare tire, really put on some weight".....Those type of comments are really UNCALLED for and should be IMMEDIATELY deleted by the Moderators.....

I realize that each host has their own unique personality and that's what makes the world go around, but I think most of us would have to agree the way we act at home or around friends and family, may be different than the way we must act when we are on the job.....the sense of humor that made your SO adore you, or something funny that makes your kids laugh may not be appropriate at work......I don't want the host to be like robots, I want them to show some personality, but I just hate this OVER THE TOP performances that we are seeing more and more from hosts and some vendors!!!  Sometimes it seems it's more about the host's personal life and the actual product is hardly even mentioned, and afterall this is a SHOPPING CHANNEL, no matter how many times QVC's CEO calls it an "entertainment channel", they still make their bread and butter by their SALES!!!  This is where feedback on sales techniques and the host's personality comes into play.....Hey if you want to talk about yourself then get your own talk show on a different channel!!!

If a host's on air "performance" is over the top, and making me turn the channel and shop elsewhere then QVC needs to hear about it because they are losing sales!!!! .....

And I concur this wigglin and jigglin rear end showing, pole dancing routine is OVER THE TOP, it is not "cute", it is not "fun", it's just downright embarrassing!!!  And perhaps Renee should ask herself this question -- if this "routine" is not some of QVC's customers's cup of tea, perhaps you would actually make MORE sales and entice others to try your clothing line if you used another sales technique to sell your pants.....

And  I think the attire of the host is fair game too....On my job if I'm giving a presentation or attending a meeting where I represent my company, then my Boss expects me to dress with a certain decorum and act accordingly.  If I wore a guaze maxi dress with flip flops which looked more like I was going to the beach, then to a meeting, this would be considered inappropriate....Likewise a host that appears on national TV has a certain expectation of professionalism to maintain in demanor and dress too---and after all QVC has stylists that they can consult too to put together an appripriate outfit!!!  So I feel feedback in this area

is justified too....

Most businesses use surveys or some means to evaluate an employee's performance so I think customer feedback from the Forums should be part of the process to polish the QVC host's and vendor's performance too!!!  Because if they annoy me then I ain't watching nor buying....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Really?  The good old days had a few doozies; in fact, one of the most popular was totally outrageous most of the time, especially in her era.  Today she'd still be pretty far out on the limb but would fit in better.

Boring is the most unprofessional trait of any TV show-  and I find many of the presenters who are robots pretty much reading the spec sheets too boring to watch long enough to spend any money.  Just lety me read the websites if I want to see what's for sale.

Yes Indeed, Kathy's  performance was often outrageous, of necessity.  She had to fill long hours and did so well.  She entertained, once dancing and singing with Jeff when they ran out of products to sell.  Albany reminds me so much of Kathy it's uncanny.  She too adapts to each situation, often pushing limits but usually following the vendor's thread.  In most situations this works beautifully.  But what can she do when the job calls for shaking one's cash and prizes?  Yesterday's shaking was justified by the leggings actually named tushie lifting something or other.  Albany wasn't the victim this time.  The situation was similarly awkward. This host also felt compelled to participate but couldn't muster as much grace as Albany had. If anyone is to blame perhaps it is the vendor who draws the hosts into these situations? and Q for allowing/promoting it?

Respected Contributor

I did not hear this particular comment but I have heard so many other really obnoxious comments not only by Shawn and Issac but others. The mentality of the show host's today is appalling. 

The older more seasoned host's do not "act" while selling, they give us the info.

Please QVC, stop the madness with twirling, baby talking, making up words, whispering, running around the set like crazy women.

I change the channel when Kirsten, Albany, Amy and Shawn are on just to name a few.

Please just give us the facts without the theatrics.

And another thing. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

My response will be quick and short. There is not one host on QVC that I don't enjoy watching. They all have their own way of presenting the products that are assigned to them. If they were not doing their jobs well and bringing in sales they would not be on our TV screens and collecting a pay check. It is a shame how the younger hosts get knocked on these boards.The good thing is that they are bringing in sales for their employer and doing the job the way their employer wants it done. On these boards there might be 100 people who are complaining but out in TV world millions are watching and buying so who do you think the company is going to respond to.   A few on here who if you read here all the time it is the same ones who knock their employees  constantly about how they look, how they talk, how they present,etc. or the million of viewers who are calling in and are happy with their employee because they are buying the products. I am going with the viewing people I am quite contend with the hosts and don't want any of them to not have a job. Shopping on line is a good choice for people who have such issues with QVC employees. Sorry this is longer then I intended it to be but it does get old knocking a company and their workers.

Honored Contributor

@golfcartrider wrote:

I did not hear this particular comment but I have heard so many other really obnoxious comments not only by Shawn and Issac but others. The mentality of the show host's today is appalling. 

The older more seasoned host's do not "act" while selling, they give us the info.

Please QVC, stop the madness with twirling, baby talking, making up words, whispering, running around the set like crazy women.

I change the channel when Kirsten, Albany, Amy and Shawn are on just to name a few.

@golfcartrider wrote:

You certainly are oozing the Christmas spirit.

Respected Contributor

MJ12, Perhaps you misunderstood my "Merry Christmas" I was referring to all of the shopping channels refusing too say "Merry Christmas" 

I  am sorry you found it neccessary to chastise me but I do have the right to voice an opinion.

I hope you have a very Happy Thanksgiving day today and a Very Merry Christmas!

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

I thought the whole group(models, host and vendor) the other morning acted like they had hit the holiday punchbowl a few days early. And yes I turned the channel.

Honored Contributor

I usually just SMH when I see yet another thread title that indicates yet another commentary by people who clearly have nothing better to do than complain about what they see on a channel they watch for too many hours a day, every day.

Seriously - QVC doesn't care. The vendors don't care. But it says a lot about the people who are constantly whining about a host's "behavior", language, decorum or lack of same, clothes, hair, voice, eye shape or color of nose. Really? In addition to having a lot of time on their hands, these people must all be perfectly coiffed and grooomed size 4s who expect their moral and fashion POV should be the QVC standard.

Yep - SMH.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Frequent Contributor

"Booty Shaking" is causing such an uproar, and SOME are so appalled, and disgusted...Has anyone seen some of the commercials on T.V., or the T.V. shows in prime time, or even the nightly news ? ?  Announcer in commercial talking about "if you get a (you know what) that lasts longer than 4 hrs. seek medical attention". And the K. Y. that practically makes the "couple" "lose their minds". ? If the commercials don't cause an "uproar", but Renee does,....there must be something major that  I'm missing...

Respected Contributor

Oh my dear Moonchild, maybe if we complain enough we will get results, after all we ARE the viewers AND the shoppers. I too am SMH at you. Don't get offended as I am making an observation, same as you.

Don't worry, be Happy!