Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts behavior

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Everyone has a different opinions with regards to their likes, dislikes and tolerance of others.  If we all liked the same thing, we'd all wear the same clothes, own the same furniture, and vote for the same president.  The hosts are who they are, and while some may not like them, others do enjoy them.  Considering the polarized opinions about these hosts, complaining is not going to change them or get them fired.  It might be best to focus on more positive things.  It's better for your health.

For me, the complaint is not about the person but the selling technique. Feedback, negative or positive, is part of almost all company business practices. This forum allows viewers to let QVC know if we feel our viewing experience can be improved. They certainly changed the stripper music, so someone is listening. Forums, by their nature, are a place for people to provide opinions. And for those who use this forum for personal attacks, they're quickly being censored by the moderators. 

@SunValley, Your gripe is with selling techniques, but I was speaking to forum posters who enjoy going out of their way to criticize the overall character of the hosts. Also, I think we are all aware that the Forums are a place to express opinions, but thanks for that.

My point was to suggest that sometimes it's best to keep your opinions to yourself, particularly if those opinions serve more to tarnish your own character rather than the target of your judgement. Did you ever see a person loudly criticizing or bereating their spouse in public at a store or a restaurant? You never look at the person on the receiving end of the abuse and think how terrible of a person they must be.  You always look at the one doing the bereating as the jerk.

Of course it's acceptable to provide criticism of the hosts' selling methods, but criticizing the way they look, speak, and their overall personalities is not providing proactive feedback, it's just attacking the essence of who they are.  It doesn't look good on anyone.

@PeterDM, I was not disagreeing with you by quoting your post. I was adding that criticism when done correctly can effect change and that the moderators are now addressing the comments that cross the line into personal attacks. There are less easy controls in real life when people act like jerks. My comment about the nature of the forum was to address that when opinions are expressed with a whole range from constructive to bashing that QVC has decided to step in to control this, and I will refrain from quoting you in the future to avoid misunderstandings.

Eta: I find it interesting that your comment I highlighted above seems to have slipped into the sarcastic area of the dreaded jerk zone. I agree with your thoughts except for that.

Trusted Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@PeterDM wrote:

Everyone has a different opinions with regards to their likes, dislikes and tolerance of others.  If we all liked the same thing, we'd all wear the same clothes, own the same furniture, and vote for the same president.  The hosts are who they are, and while some may not like them, others do enjoy them.  Considering the polarized opinions about these hosts, complaining is not going to change them or get them fired.  It might be best to focus on more positive things.  It's better for your health.

For me, the complaint is not about the person but the selling technique. Feedback, negative or positive, is part of almost all company business practices. This forum allows viewers to let QVC know if we feel our viewing experience can be improved. They certainly changed the stripper music, so someone is listening. Forums, by their nature, are a place for people to provide opinions. And for those who use this forum for personal attacks, they're quickly being censored by the moderators. 

@SunValley, Your gripe is with selling techniques, but I was speaking to forum posters who enjoy going out of their way to criticize the overall character of the hosts. Also, I think we are all aware that the Forums are a place to express opinions, but thanks for that.

My point was to suggest that sometimes it's best to keep your opinions to yourself, particularly if those opinions serve more to tarnish your own character rather than the target of your judgement. Did you ever see a person loudly criticizing or bereating their spouse in public at a store or a restaurant? You never look at the person on the receiving end of the abuse and think how terrible of a person they must be.  You always look at the one doing the bereating as the jerk.

Of course it's acceptable to provide criticism of the hosts' selling methods, but criticizing the way they look, speak, and their overall personalities is not providing proactive feedback, it's just attacking the essence of who they are.  It doesn't look good on anyone.

@PeterDM, I was not disagreeing with you by quoting your post. I was adding that criticism when done correctly can effect change and that the moderators are now addressing the comments that cross the line into personal attacks. There are less easy controls in real life when people act like jerks. My comment about the nature of the forum was to address that when opinions are expressed with a whole range from constructive to bashing that QVC has decided to step in to control this, and I will refrain from quoting you in the future to avoid misunderstandings.

Eta: I find it interesting that your comment I highlighted above seems to have slipped into the sarcastic area of the dreaded jerk zone. 

I think it's quite apparent who just slipped into the "dreaded jerk zone," which apparently  one reaches after passing through the "slow on the uptake, passive-aggressive zone."

Respected Contributor

Lol...I am pretty sure that was not a compliment. I am bowing out of this exchange.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PeterDM wrote:

Hi, @PeterDM!  I just wanted to agree with your comments, especially the part highlighted.  The way we treat others, the way we talk about others, shines a spotlight on our character much more than it says anything about the person we've targeted.  "You can tell more about a person by what s/he says about others than you can by what others say about her/him." (attributed to Audrey Hepburn) 

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't have a problem with most of the hosts with Rene, my problem is with her.  First she thinks she's all that, she really loves herself and is always saying how her pants are the best and no one makes anything like she does and then we have to see her lift her top and show and wiggle her butt.

IMO, she needs an attitude adjustment and she should be ashamed of herself how she makes those models show their butts and makes them wiggle.  QVC is a place we go to see items presented , not a vendor and models shaking their butts into the camera.  And what's with her always bringing up Boca Raton, like everyone should be jealous of her. Please, she needs to come down a few notches.  

I cannot watch that woman and the Q should not allow her to keep making the models show their butts and wiggle like they do.  It's uncalled for and disrespectful.  What has happened to the Q lately, so many things have changed and not for the better.   

Contributor

I agree. I can't stand when certain hosts interrupt the guests in the middle of a sentence.  They are trying to get a point across and a host doesn't let them even finish their thought.  Please hosts, be more mindful of these simple manners.

Valued Contributor

I've been a customer from the very beginning and agree with all of you that it's not about the product anymore. I rarely watch because the lack of class, too much casualness. Too much repitition of products too. I miss the old days of the Q very much.

Honored Contributor

I watched that show with Albany and Renee and laughed my butt off, that being said it was very crass behavior on everyone's part. I personally don't like to hear comments from the models, they need to stick to showing  the fashions instead of being told by the vendor to show the back of the garment and walk and show how the garment moves. I thought that was taught in modeling 101.

Frequent Contributor

The bra modeling doesn't bother me. You see more on any tv show, and it's done tastefully.

Frequent Contributor

Could you see Mary Bath doing this? It ain't happening!!! A little decorum LADIES.