Honored Contributor

Really?  The good old days had a few doozies; in fact, one of the most popular was totally outrageous most of the time, especially in her era.  Today she'd still be pretty far out on the limb but would fit in better.

Boring is the most unprofessional trait of any TV show-  and I find many of the presenters who are robots pretty much reading the spec sheets too boring to watch long enough to spend any money.  Just lety me read the websites if I want to see what's for sale.

New Contributor

I'm fairly new to QVC, but what I like most is the wholesome Christian values. I feel better about buying from a company with good ethics and a moral foundation. I would prefer it if they keep it that way.

Respected Contributor

You can sell a pant product based on how well it fits every shape and how it would enhance that shape ... or you can sell that same product by showing the behind of every model, host, and the vendor herself by lifting their shirt/rubbing their buttocks, and explaining how great my "butt" would look in that spandex pant (um I'm thinking shapewear=girdle).  It's all in the presentation. 

As far as the so-called dancing presentation, it's not a selling point for me and it's not dancing.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

This post has been removed by QVC. Could be seen as unkind to model.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts behavior

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

It really doesn't bother me - maybe because I watch lots of dancing shows and they shake their booties there all the time --and wear almost no clothes while they do it.

What I don't understand is why they think it sells pants because only a few people have booties worth watching.  I guarantee you that you don't want to see mine!

Millieshops, you made me laugh.  That is my feeling about it too.

The booty shaking doesn't really bother me nearly as much as the vendor herself -- sorry, she is just not my cup of tea. Just once I wish for a caller to point out that practically every top is designed to drape to the hip, so no one is actually looking at your booty anyway.  So why does she even have to lift up everyone's top to sell the booty-lifting properties of the fabric?  It's a ridiculous sales pitch when her very next top she tries to sell is a high-low or a tunic, etc. Yes, her pants are good pants, I like some of them, but it's more because the substantial material mix make my thighs look slim. Hallelujah!!  But for her it's always the booty dance. 

I just go online to shop her pants.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts behavior

[ Edited ]

No Mary Beth WOULD NOT be doing this kind of act.  That's why they (the Q) pick and choose their hosts carefully when working with Renee. 

ITA - how and why did this action even get started?  It so does make these shows with her pants a sleaze fest.  I'M embarrassed for these models!!!!  I won't watch Renee's demonstrations either which really boils down to not buying anything of her's - at least not during her shows.  If I were a model, I'd have to pass on working during her shows. Trust me - NO ONE needs to be watching me shake my big butt on nationwide tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I don't have a big butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I think there is a vendor on QVC that some people like , some don't. They are still in business so it must be working for them. All of the vendors have their 'shickt' (sp?). Rene--booty shaking/Angel with Dream Jeans-- karate kicks/ Issac M -- everything is 'the Hamptons' (like anyone in mid America cares) and 'money'/ Carolyn--good neighbor & down to earth/ SG--personally I like her designs but have been known to mute t.v.

Respected Contributor

I agree!  They had each model turn around and lift their shirts up to show their butts.  And they kept saying "butts" like crazy!!

But how about the Breezies model now wearing a bra on live TV?   They used to only show pictures or mannequins!!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

@redwingsgal wrote:

I agree!  They had each model turn around and lift their shirts up to show their butts.  And they kept saying "butts" like crazy!!

But how about the Breezies model now wearing a bra on live TV?   They used to only show pictures or mannequins!!!

I remember when they had the Cross Your Heart Bra commercials on TV and the models had to wear the bras OVER their top....LOL.  Not like today's bra ads.

Valued Contributor

I understand "Girls just wanna have fun" mentality, but Wednesday's show was so unprofessional, I wondered if everyone consumed those 5-hour energy drinks prior to airing the TSV in the afternoon show.

Models talking and interrupting (what other shopping channel does this!), the host and designer jumping, giggling, dancing, and other odd gestures occurring the entire hour.