Occasional Contributor

Hosts are not completing on air descriptions

I have been frustrated by the hosts rushing thru demos and not completely describing the product either because they get so caught up in being excited about it with either their guest or other hosts.  This has happened multiple times.  Please finish describing the product before they get all excited about it.. I really want to know what I am buying and not what is exciting the hosts.  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts are not completing on air descriptions

I totally agree.  I have posted about this many times to no avail.  We miss out on a lot of information we need to make a determination while they are having a good time.

You would think QVC would pay more attention to this issue.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree. There are a couple of newer hosts that I'm thinking of who do a poor job of describing colors, fit, features, and anything special about a piece (of clothing). Too much giggling and talking about inconsequential things that have little to do with providing customers with info we need.

And is it too much to ask the host to take the shirt (or whatever the item is) off the rack when going through the colors, instead of just sliding it along the rack and only showing 20% or so of the item.

A couple of exceptions that come to mind are Carolyn, Rachel and the Saturday a.m. host (I like her a lot but her name just escapes me right now). They are excellent at providing as much information as possible on an item without all of the silliness.

Super Contributor

I have enjoyed a few of the sales people, many now gone, but Lisa Mason was the absolute best at clearly and completely describing an item without going into any pressure (flying out the building -only 23,000 left) or lists of people you should buy it for.

I wish the rest of them would emulate her.
Esteemed Contributor

@orshopper wrote:

I have been frustrated by the hosts rushing thru demos and not completely describing the product either because they get so caught up in being excited about it with either their guest or other hosts.  This has happened multiple times.  Please finish describing the product before they get all excited about it.. I really want to know what I am buying and not what is exciting the hosts.  Thanks.

I think it is some kind of psychological sales tactic to rush buyers into ordering the item.  They psychological rush people by saying how many thousands are sold  and saying how you need the item so much. 

Regular Contributor

The hosts' job is now to squeal and giggle instead of giving pertinent information about a product.

Frequent Contributor

@DottieD wrote:

The hosts' job is now to squeal and giggle instead of giving pertinent information about a product.

Or sing, dance and act like they're putting on a show.  It's an instant click.  It's about the product,  not you acting like you're trying out for a musical.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Halidon wrote:

@DottieD wrote:

Or sing, dance and act like they're putting on a show.  It's an instant click.  It's about the product,  not you acting like you're trying out for a musical.

With all that arm waving, they are pretending to be conducting an orchestra.  Even marybeth has been "converted".  I have never seen so many FAKE smiles and FAKE hysteria in my lifetime.  OH WELL, this is not my problem.  I no longer watch q unless it is something I need like a updated tracfone.  Other than that, yuck.  So long, qvc.  You lost me.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Again...Hosts are not completing on air descriptions

This is happening too often especially with the food items...beauty items too.  Please ask the hosts to finish describing before launching into the excitement...often times this happens when there is more than one host .  I really like to know what I am buying.  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

I rarely watch QVC these days, but when I have it's almost always fashion. I have noticed they barely cover the colors now. I don't usually pay much attention to other details, unless I'm considering buying.

I DO notice the enormous amount of time they spend reviewing the number left to purchase. That annoys me to NO end. Recently Antonella reviewed numbers 3x in about 5 minutes.

For the most part, I gave up on watching QVC, about 5 yrs ago, when the hosts became SO annoying, I couldn't stand watching.  I will switch to watch, only when I'm flipping thru channels. I don't even come to the forums, as much as I used to, I used to read them 1st thing, every morning. QVC has changed & NOT for the better (IMO).