Honored Contributor

Re: Hosts are Hosts- Models are Models

@RespectLife wrote:

What is the 'pertinent' info posters are looking for from the hosts?

Serious question.

They are never going to give the measurements of all the sizes...I have to go online and look at the chart for that.

XXS-5X?  How could they read all those measurements...and then there might be petites and talls.....I do often hear the lengths for all varities..

They show the colors usually...and close up of the garment details like pockets etc....

I agree I don't want to hear about families, where to wear or even how to wear....but what else that would impact a decision to purchase is missing?

Maybe if it runs true to size?  But that is an opinion really...Might fit Amy great, but tight for me....

@RespectLife mostly sizing information and also colors if they are called weird names, like sometimes they do.  I don't mind them suggesting where you can wear them to, because some of the things that they say, they need to or how else would they fill up that time? So I get that, but I don;t need to hear about their families every other minute either.

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette ......Thanks for the chuckle.  When you find out let me know cuz it doesnt bother me either.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Regular Contributor

Just an observation, an opinion! Enjoy hearing others views, that's all.

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN "@RespectLife mostly sizing information and also colors if they are called weird names, like sometimes they do.  I don't mind them suggesting where you can wear them to, because some of the things that they say, they need to or how else would they fill up that time? So I get that, but I don;t need to hear about their families every other minute either."

They can fill their time by giving the measurements of the clothes they present.  That in itself is enough to fill time.  I was watching a presentation with CourtJane presenting a dress and through five minutes of babble they still didn't mention the length of the dress.  All they said was petite and regular.  I miss the days when clothes measurements were actually given in a presentation.

Respected Contributor

It bothers me more to see many of the host getting their own clothing or jewelry line named after them.

Why!

I would buy something because I liked it not because it was named for them. They become experts because they sell it on tv? I don't think so.

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@RespectLife wrote:

What is the 'pertinent' info posters are looking for from the hosts?

Serious question.

They are never going to give the measurements of all the sizes...I have to go online and look at the chart for that.

XXS-5X?  How could they read all those measurements...and then there might be petites and talls.....I do often hear the lengths for all varities..

They show the colors usually...and close up of the garment details like pockets etc....

I agree I don't want to hear about families, where to wear or even how to wear....but what else that would impact a decision to purchase is missing?

Maybe if it runs true to size?  But that is an opinion really...Might fit Amy great, but tight for me....

@RespectLife mostly sizing information and also colors if they are called weird names, like sometimes they do.  I don't mind them suggesting where you can wear them to, because some of the things that they say, they need to or how else would they fill up that time? So I get that, but I don;t need to hear about their families every other minute either.

@CANDLEQUEEN 

Not to derail the thread, but now that you mention it ...

Does anyone know how this happens?  I still remember ages ago Isaac being told the color of a certain garment was Hazel .... and it was brown.   You could see Isaac's confusion because he knew it wasn't right.  Hazel is green.

Is it simply the manufacturers are trying to be clever?   It's stupid, IMO.  When it comes to describing specifics about any garment ACCURACY is the most important thing.

Okay, I'll get off my soap box now, lol.  Woman LOL

Contributor

I couldn't agree more! Back in the day I used to enjoy watching presentations. Not so much anymore. Between hosts suggesting you buy multiples, being "obsessed" with an article of clothing, wearing incorrect size, and inflating the price of savings by comparing the qvc price shown on screen that does not include tax and shipping to retail price plus tax and shipping. Apple's to oranges. Do hosts know tax rate in every state.
Valued Contributor

I confess, I hate this new thing where the host leaves, especially right in the beginning of the presentation to change into the clothing. I've seen Kerstin disappear for seemingly endless minutes at a time while the guest is left to fill in a large void of empty airtime.  It makes me anxious, on their behalf, lol.

I don't mind if a host changes, especially if a color or item is sold out, but to model EVERY outfit seems unnecessary and almost self indulgent.  It's not a childhood game of "dress-up."  It's a sales presentation. I want to hear the details of the garment; the COLORS, what sizes are available, whether it runs true to size, how the fabric feels, drapes, etc. 

If I were a QVC model, I'm not sure how I would feel about the hosts' modeling. I might wonder if my job was on the line.

Valued Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

It bothers me more to see many of the host getting their own clothing or jewelry line named after them.

Why!

I would buy something because I liked it not because it was named for them. They become experts because they sell it on tv? I don't think so.

I couldn't agree more.  Hosts are SALESPEOPLE. Nothing more.  QVC is banking on our gullibility and thus, they are manufacturing a fake sense of "celebrity" by elevating the hosts above what they really are. 

It's all about making money, which is fine. I'm not judging, but let's call it what it is.  The hosts are "branded" in certain ways for target audiences, just to make people purchase more stuff.  I don't begrudge the Q their right to market products in the way they see fit, but I'm not stupid, either.  I'm not buying anyone's clothing line, or bracelet, or ring, just because their name is on it or they supposedly had a hand in designing it. I would probably go out of my way NOT to buy it because I don't appreciate such manipulation, (and because I'm stubborn, lol.) 

I did think one of Amy's dresses was super cute, though, but it got terrible reviews.

Valued Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

i need to find out why stuff like this doesn't bother me.

I think you're perfectly normal (it doesn't bother me either)