Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 187
Registered: ‎04-16-2022

Re: Hosts and all the blah, blah, blah


@lovesdishes wrote:

@northiie57  David drives me crazy with his constant updates especially with colors and how many sold in this show alone?  And for the day?  Talk about a time waster!  Honestly, it makes me change the channel. I couldn't care less how many were sold in his show!


The producer runs the show, and gives the host updates on the merchandise being sold, how the host's "schtick" is affecting sales, etc.

“I just try to do the good job that I have to the best of my ability and I really don't think about whether I'm inspirational. I just do the best I can.”
— Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,937
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Hosts and all the blah, blah, blah


@paixmcdao wrote:

@lovesdishes wrote:

@northiie57  David drives me crazy with his constant updates especially with colors and how many sold in this show alone?  And for the day?  Talk about a time waster!  Honestly, it makes me change the channel. I couldn't care less how many were sold in his show!


The producer runs the show, and gives the host updates on the merchandise being sold, how the host's "schtick" is affecting sales, etc.


I don't care where it comes from, it's annoying to me!  It's a sales tactic and it's getting old.  

Valued Contributor
Posts: 690
Registered: ‎03-27-2010

Re: Hosts and all the blah, blah, blah

@lovesdishes I agree with you as he does it definitely too much. Problem is that it works as when he goes over the colors or gives other updates of numbers it somehow triggers customers into thinking they'll lose out (fomo) on whatever it is so they must order & immediately.  What I then find interesting is if you check the item's availability the next day there's even more in stock than there was before, lol.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,757
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Hosts and all the blah, blah, blah


@lilmadi wrote:

kaydee 50 said: Why watch??  Just check the website.  I haven't watched more than 5 minutes of any presentation in years. 

 

This is a SUGGESTION...to QVC...so that those who want to, CAN watch.


@lilmadi No, if those of us who like the nonsense want to see and hear it, we can't if you get them to stop what YOU don't like.  

 

YOU however, are perfectly free to turn the nonsense sound down and read online on or the screen about the item while happily not listening to nonsense.  SO then we're all happy1 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,937
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Hosts and all the blah, blah, blah

@colleena 

 

Its a sales tactic for sure and yes, it works.  Guess I have been watching too long; I get all the tactics now and don't fall for them.  I don't get influenced by phone calls, hype of California lifestyle, personalities endorsing, (I could care less what Oprah likes) etc. 

As you said, where did all the extra inventory come from the next day, cancellations or were the numbers not right on the presentation.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 187
Registered: ‎04-16-2022

Re: Hosts and all the blah, blah, blah


@lovesdishes wrote:

@paixmcdao wrote:

@lovesdishes wrote:

@northiie57  David drives me crazy with his constant updates especially with colors and how many sold in this show alone?  And for the day?  Talk about a time waster!  Honestly, it makes me change the channel. I couldn't care less how many were sold in his show!


The producer runs the show, and gives the host updates on the merchandise being sold, how the host's "schtick" is affecting sales, etc.


I don't care where it comes from, it's annoying to me!  It's a sales tactic and it's getting old.  



@lovesdishes wrote:

@paixmcdao wrote:

@lovesdishes wrote:

@northiie57  David drives me crazy with his constant updates especially with colors and how many sold in this show alone?  And for the day?  Talk about a time waster!  Honestly, it makes me change the channel. I couldn't care less how many were sold in his show!


The producer runs the show, and gives the host updates on the merchandise being sold, how the host's "schtick" is affecting sales, etc.


I don't care where it comes from, it's annoying to me!  It's a sales tactic and it's getting old.  


Of course it's a sales tactic, and as long as it continues to be effective, they will use it. $$$

“I just try to do the good job that I have to the best of my ability and I really don't think about whether I'm inspirational. I just do the best I can.”
— Ruth Bader Ginsburg
Super Contributor
Posts: 474
Registered: ‎08-08-2010

Re: Hosts and all the blah, blah, blah

Sooner said: "

@lilmadi No, if those of us who like the nonsense want to see and hear it, we can't if you get them to stop what YOU don't like.  

 

YOU however, are perfectly free to turn the nonsense sound down and read online on or the screen about the item while happily not listening to nonsense.  SO then we're all happy1 

_________________________

 

Obviously, you didn't comprehend my post. I didn't say to STOP, I said perhaps they could do it LESS. And why should the ones who don't enjoy it (I am not the only one) have to turn the volume down, read it online etc? Btw, the tv screen provides minimal information. If they present the important information prior to the blah, blah, blah and/or simply do it less, "then we're all happy!" 

"I never changed, I just learned."
Regular Contributor
Posts: 190
Registered: ‎07-18-2017

Re: Hosts and all the blah, blah, blah

So totally agree!!! It would solve a lot of problems, wouldn't it!!!!!!!  Let the vendors do the sales, after all, they know the products...... What a concept........

Regular Contributor
Posts: 190
Registered: ‎07-18-2017

Re: Hosts and all the blah, blah, blah

BAM, lilmadi!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,125
Registered: ‎09-05-2014

Re: Hosts and all the blah, blah, blah

You scolded a QVC Queen!   For Shame!

 

LOL!!   BWAHHHHAAAAA!