Honored Contributor

I typed “Hosts Slow Down” into the search box and each time at least six posts since 2012 came up with posters/customers begging the hosts to slow down!

What gives? Is the messsge not clear to QVC management? We (posters/customers) do not like to try to listen to hosts tripping over their own words and cutting each other off!

Is this not clear?  It appears to me that the hosts have all been a message to cram as many words as possible into an hour show even if it means disregarding the fact that someone else is speaking!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Hosts Slow Down! 1/19/2019

That is THE NUMBER ONE reason that I switch  channels frequently.   It isn't because I'm not interested in the products, it's not that I'm bored, it's because of the speed-talking.  It fries my brain, I can't take it.

Not all the hosts do it, but so many do.  It has to come from what they are being told to do, and I always think about how much pressure they must be under to perform, and get in certain numbers.  I would hate that job so much.

But, the fact is, I can't listen to it for very long.

Respected Contributor

This morning on the Susan Graver 4 am show, it wasn't the host, it was the Lady representing Susan. It was just imposible to watch, such a motor mouth, and she acted like she was performing, I'm not sure for who. I liked the clothes, but just turned it off. Who ever she was, "don't come back"! Poor host couldn't get a word in edgewise. Who is running QVC, have you no control over the programs and the people who come on? Even Susan doesn't talk that fast and over everyone else.

Trusted Contributor

Six posts in seven years?  That's not really much.  I really doubt these posts ever reach management.

Trusted Contributor

@LTT1Couldn't agree more! That's just one of the reasons why I don't watch QVC much at all. I do most of my shopping on the website.

The vendors and hosts are speed-talking and talking over each other that you can't understand what they're saying!

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@Equuleus

I am sorry I was not clear.

The most that show up each time was 6; however, that was six in every applicable category.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1  Suggest you write to QVC and the offending person rather than on this Forum if you really want them to be aware of your complaint. Doubt the PTB read these Forums regularly. If you write to QVC, you will receive a response. That's worth something!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady

I don’t think that the PTB read these forums.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

I typed “Hosts Slow Down” into the search box and each time at least six posts since 2012 came up with posters/customers begging the hosts to slow down!

What gives? Is the messsge not clear to QVC management? We (posters/customers) do not like to try to listen to hosts tripping over their own words and cutting each other off!

Is this not clear?  It appears to me that the hosts have all been a message to cram as many words as possible into an hour show even if it means disregarding the fact that someone else is speaking!

I am confused, isn't today the 18th.   LOL

Frequent Contributor

I agree the host was not talking much at all. and the guest who was presenting Susan Graver I can tell you really irritated me.. her voice was not even one I care to hear for more than 4 minutes.