Respected Contributor

Hosts Should Say What Sizes Models are Wearing!

I watched an entire presentation by Amy re: the TSV, 12/15.  Not once did she say what sizes the models were wearing.  I find this to be a huge help for me as a couple of the models take the same size I do and when I see how it fits them, it gives me a better idea of how it fill fit me.  The sizing chart for Barefoot Dreams never works for me as each garmet is cut differently.  Sometimes I go with the M and sometimes a L.   

Carolyn is the very best when presently fashion.  She always says what size she is wearing and what sizes the models wear.  Why can't all the hosts to this?

Valued Contributor

Re: Hosts Should Say What Sizes Models are Wearing!

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I watched an entire presentation by Amy re: the TSV, 12/15.  Not once did she say what sizes the models were wearing.  I find this to be a huge help for me as a couple of the models take the same size I do and when I see how it fits them, it gives me a better idea of how it fill fit me.  The sizing chart for Barefoot Dreams never works for me as each garmet is cut differently.  Sometimes I go with the M and sometimes a L.   

Carolyn is the very best when presently fashion.  She always says what size she is wearing and what sizes the models wear.  Why can't all the hosts to this?

I noticed that someone asked the host on FB and they at that point asked what size each person is wearing.  Seems like that giving sizing would be a requirement to prevent returns.  

Honored Contributor

I thought they did

Esteemed Contributor

Not only do the hosts tell the sizes that the models are wearing, almost always the size chart is on the screen or online.   Everyone wears sizes differently, and I don't think that you can look at a model on tv and determine your size.  We all carry our weight in different places, and even the size chart can be deceiving.  QVC shoppers usually know what their sizes are for the different designers and that is the guide to go by.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

I thought they did

No they don't.  I just watch Leah in AM style. She only gave the size for one model and there were three, all different shapes.  She also did not say what size she is wearing, nor did the presenter say her size.  I find this very frustrating.  I ordered two different sizes so I know I will be returning one of them.

Esteemed Contributor

They always did when I use to watch QVC.

Respected Contributor

Yes, they should. It can be helpful.

Plus, sometimes the same model can wear a different size in a particular item versus another item depending on the particular garment design and cut or the brand sizing also. Everything varies, even within one brand. 

Totally agree Carolyn is best at that! And, not just in the D&C line, but any other brand she happens to present also.

-Texas Hill Country-
Valued Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

They always did when I use to watch QVC.

I rarely watch any shopping shows now.  I agree with you in that sizing was always given in the past.   Watching for Christmas gift ideas and first thing I noted was that many items no size info was given.  This has lost them sales, as I just pass on that item and move on as I am certain many do.  Used to buy items in 2 sizes but I was so bad about returning any item.  At least my donations were nice items never worn at year end.

Regular Contributor

I find it frustrating when they do not give sizes and they are only shown on the screen for brief periods of time. Carolyn is the best at this, I agree.

I try to find the same models wearing something I am interested in, both for sizing and how it flatters or does not flatter her. In my case, I look at bust of the larger models and the hips. Then if you purchase certain brands regularly - that makes it a bit easier. Jayne Brown is pretty good and Pat James DeMentri too - the gals who get all wrapped up in the style and how great it looks on them really need to realize a bit more that there are 100 million households out there watching...........Never heard Miss SK do measurements/sizes either.

Honored Contributor

The only clothing shows I watch are D&C and they ALWAYS state the size each model is wearing. ALWAYS.

Too bad others don't do this.