Valued Contributor

Re: Hosts ,Please ,Please,let the vendors speak

@Karotsy wrote:
I agree 100% but they don't listen nothing gets done. I remember a few years ago a male host was on he kept talking acting funny singing until the vendor told him to shut up. It even landed on soup talk. Alo Shawn was told by the vendor to please let him talk so he could explain how the shoe worked. This was also a few years ago. Robert Lee Morris also would loose his patience with certain hosts. Maybe vendors need to start speaking out more maybe then QVC will get the clue.

I do wish the vendors would speak out about this, whether it is before they air, during a QVC commercial break, or better yet right on air. If this was done enough, I think it would tone down the hosts. I am to the point I just cannot watch J.R.T. anymore. I just go to the computer and order. Just last week J.T. was with a vendor and he made 3 attempts to explain an important element about his product and she interrupted 3 times right as he got just a few words into the sentence. He never got his point across, I was so irritated I just went to my computer and went on what customer comments were made as to whether I should buy.

bamasec

Valued Contributor

Thanks for letting me vent. again! I know I have written about this " Right" at the end of each sentence, but it is growing like a bad bacteria, just about every host is saying this at the end of a sentence, except of course M.B.R. I watched J.B. take over the show once again and in the time of 13 minutes she said " right" 9 times. I just have to turn the sound off, and watch or look at the computer. I do not even know they know how much it is said in just a few minutes.

Like I said thanks for letting me get this off my chest. UGHHHH!                                            bamasec

Valued Contributor

@Karotsy wrote:
I agree 100% but they don't listen nothing gets done. I remember a few years ago a male host was on he kept talking acting funny singing until the vendor told him to shut up. It even landed on soup talk. Alo Shawn was told by the vendor to please let him talk so he could explain how the shoe worked. This was also a few years ago. Robert Lee Morris also would loose his patience with certain hosts. Maybe vendors need to start speaking out more maybe then QVC will get the clue.

@Karotsy I agree! Once, several years ago, Nancy was selling jewelry late night and a vendor told her if she'd give her a chance to speak that she would! It was shocking. I always thought Nancy spoke constantly that I quit watching her shows, which were mostly jewelry so that's when I quit buying jewelry here. It was annoying to watch.

Valued Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@Mimi 1883 wrote:

Agree. I have stopped watching /buying whenever Carolyn Gracie hosts for this very reason. She does all the talking, with all the "uhs" and "ums", when I would like to hear what the vendor has to say! It is beyond annoying. Maybe she's a control freak?

WILL AGREE WITH this> POSTER FOR CERTAIN!

The few times that I am available to watch any shop tv, I do notice everything IS all about her, and the point of interest leaves me. 

The vendors should have ample time in explaining what is being advertised, NOT hearing how many she has or to keep ON convincing to buy one in each color. 

Personally, I have NO interest what is in her closet nor how many.  TOO MUCH trying to convince that need to 'better get this one'...won't back maybe until next year. 

She definitely is not the only one that is a high pressure SALES HOST. 

I think Carolyn must spend her whole paycheck on every color of capri pants, every color of leggings, every color of T-Shirt,  we cannot afford to buy every color of everthing! Her closet must be unbelieveable, as of course you have to buy every color of everything, even every color of snowblowers!!!

bamasec