Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts...Hands off the models! Why are you putting your hands on them? We can’t feel what you fee

@Spurt wrote:

I like the way that Gary of D&C handled it ----he asked the model's permission right then and there to show a detail on the garment he was presenting, so everyone in TV land (especially the skittish ones) knew the model had no problem with it........I thought he acted very professionally 

Tonight,  with Amy Stran , I saw the Cuddle Dudds  vendor lady  ask Amy if she could use her to toch the  cardigan to show off all the design & fabric points. The lady did not  go anywhere near touching the clothes on any of the models , Guess, this  critique   amy have  been  heard around the Q .

Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts...Hands off the models! Why are you putting your hands on them? We can’t feel what you fee

[ Edited ]

@skatting44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I like the way that Gary of D&C handled it ----he asked the model's permission right then and there to show a detail on the garment he was presenting, so everyone in TV land (especially the skittish ones) knew the model had no problem with it........I thought he acted very professionally 

Tonight,  with Amy Stran , I saw the Cuddle Dudds  vendor lady  ask Amy if she could use her to toch the  cardigan to show off all the design & fabric points. The lady did not  go anywhere near touching the clothes on any of the models , Guess, this  critique   amy have  been  heard around the Q .

No, this thread had nothing to do with asking...asking hosts & models isn't new, running the hand above the fabric isn't new, touching the models isn't new & nothing that's happening is inappropriate & invasive.

Occasional Contributor

1. All the touchy business does not set a good example for all the little boys watching with their mommy.
Frequent Contributor

@wishmoon wrote:

It's very common for the designers to show how a garment is made so it fits the model and ultimately, you when you purchase that piece. Seams, darts, etc. are important to how it falls on your body. I don't see where there's any problem with it and I'm sure the models don't either.

The designers, yes!!  However more of the hosts are starting to change the outfit, roll up sleeves, unbutton shirts and pop collars, roll up pant legs, etc...  QVC has designers behind the scenes and feel it is ok for the designer to help promote clothing and show different ways to wear however, draw the line when the host tries to design and change the outfits on the models.  Agree, this has just changed recently.

The other odd thing, yesterday I believe, the host untied ONE boot and re-tied in a different way, while leaving the other boot tied in the original way.  You can feel the uncomfortable sense from the models.

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...