Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hosts...Hands off the models! Why are you putting your hands on them? We can’t feel what you fee

[ Edited ]

Every once in awhile this complaint rears its head.

And I think it's one of the more bizarre ones.

They are all professional models.  I think they know what's going on.

As long as the host(s) in question didn't come up to you with inappropriate touching, the complaint is invalid and silly.

Respected Contributor

Re: Hosts...Hands off the models! Why are you putting your hands on them? We can’t feel what you fee

Sounds like this might be a "trigger" for you, bringing up something you'd rather not have to deal with.  Just sayin', It might be something to consider.

Honored Contributor

As Mr. Whipple would say, "Please don't squeeze the Charmin!"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

OP is dealing with some issues. 

Honored Contributor

Quick! somebody grab Aunt Pittypat's swoon bottle LOL!

Respected Contributor

@Styleovertrend: You’re correct in your observation it’s unnecessary invasion and has been going on longer than your few months observance and it’s one of the reasons I, too, have tuned out of most of the programming. 

In fairness, it seems to have gotten better but it also seems limited to certain “designers”.  Let’s face it there are a couple that are just creepy.

The awkward hug, hug, kissee, kissee seems somewhat better but again my observation is limited. Just never felt it necessary when you’re selling pots and pans or food.

Bottom line - you are not alone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the way that Gary of D&C handled it ----he asked the model's permission right then and there to show a detail on the garment he was presenting, so everyone in TV land (especially the skittish ones) knew the model had no problem with it........I thought he acted very professionally 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I don't watch that many fashion presentations, but what I have seen when they are actually rubbing is either to show the texture of the fabric or how it hugs the body.  And I have never seen them actually rub a breast.  I have had more invasive hands-on experiences going through TSA.

Respected Contributor

I would think that somewhere in the interview and in their contract, it most likely states and makes them acknowledge with their approval that due to the nature of the job, they may and will be touched during presentations in order to properly show the garment details.

Respected Contributor

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Inappropriate and invading their personal space

Do you have any idea what happens to models when they step off stage? They have people undressing and redressing them. They're constantly in a state of undress in the presence of others. (Same with live theater actors.)  Models know that being touched is part of the job. 

There's a difference between work touch and inappropriate touch. They know what it is and I doubt they need you explaining it to them.