Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Jk9 wrote:

I think you are better off checking the garment measurements to decide on which size to order.  Just my opinion.

@Jk9 

Absolutely. I use to try ordering sizes from QVC from what the models or hosts said they were wearing, and it never worked. I became successful when I started paying attention to the sizing chart.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 They give their fantasy sz,not their real sz

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam    We suspect that's true.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Re: Host sizing

[ Edited ]

Tonight, 7/30, on Shawn Saves Christmas (which is an absolutely ridiculous name for a show), Shawn just said she is wearing a size small in the pajamas she has on.  They are skin tight.  It's obvious she needs to size up.  She looks beyond absurd in those skin tight jammies, bundled up with a scarf and hat.  When will this nonsense end.  My TV clicked to another channel.  Also, who is going to teach these sales clerks the proper use of 'literally.'  As an English teacher, it drives my crazy as it is something everyone should know.  My students know so why don't adults?

Also, she needs to cut back on the fake tan.  It looks so unnatural.  She's one hot mess, in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

The models are the only ones I look to for size reference.  Then it's the measurement chart for added assistance.

Some of the hosts seem to use size as some sort of vanity competition among themselves and the models.  At times, you can see the outline of shapers underneath, or wear the item very skin-tight.  It does not help the shopper at all -- I thought that is what all the try-on's are supposed to be about.  

Usually, I completely ignore their own sizing call-outs.  That way, it doesn't bother me or confuse me at all when they state their own size. 

Fortunately, I've only seen this from 3 or 4 hosts on a routine basis.    

Esteemed Contributor

Ive seen Shawn in skin tight pajamas too.  What's the point of squeezing into pajamas?  I've also seen hosts selling jackets that were at least 2 sizes too small, no way could they be buttoned or could they drive in them. That's not the way to sell.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

people can wear what they want

i will wear what i want

lets get past this shaming silliness

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

Re: Host sizing

[ Edited ]

Oh goodie, more size bashing. When will women learn?

It doesn't matter to me. If it looks tight, then I assume they wear a size larger or that they prefer tight clothes. Not a big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart   It is kind of a "big deal" if you're job is selling the item.  I would want to present the item I'm selling in the best light.  If the hosts prefer their clothes tight that's their business.  But when a jacket cannot close it doesn't look right at all when you're trying to sell it. Just my opinion.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't call it shaming... I'd call it not being honest... If  you can't close your jacket or our pants are skin tight they don't fit... Sugar coat it all you want...