Honored Contributor

Re: Host bashing is bullying

@manny2 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I don't thing we are in a position to "bully" any of the hosts or vendors.  We are expressing an opinion.  IMO, "bullying" would be more personal, face to face.  As I understand it, the hosts do not even read these forums.  Although these forums sometimes do go "off topic."

The Hosts do read the forums, as do their family members, neighbors and friends.  The Hosts are just not allowed to participate on the forums.

Expressing your opinion can be bullying.  if I write that EXAMPLEposter can't spell, uses poor grammar and doesn't know what she is talking about and therefore must be an idiot, IMO...that is bullying, it is also my opinion.

When someone has the opinion that a Host doesn't know how to do the job, uses incorrect grammar and pronounces words incorrectly, and is wearing an ugly dress that is also someones opinion and bullying.

We, as QVC viewers are not paid to critique the Hosts.  That is their employers job.  If something is seriously wrong, write a letter with your full signature and complain to corporate.  You don't need to point out what the Host is doing wrong in your opinion publicly.

How would you like someone to critique your job performance or your visual appearance publicly?

That goes with the territory. Public jobs open the hosts up to criticism. You can't have all of the accolades without the other side. 

@manny2  I think there is a big difference between criticizing someone in a public job and ripping them to shreds. I think everyone knows the difference but pretend they don’t. Some of the things I read on here about some of the hosts can be pretty ruthless and nasty.

Frequent Contributor

I think we have every right to speak out about the programming/hosts that brought us to shop this site originally. Personally, I don't watch QVC nearly as much as I used to, if at all. It has become like the news, a part of the Entertainment division. Unfortunately for QVC, they have no worthy entertainment hosts or producers. When I want to shop on a home shopping network, I don't want to be 'entertained'. The shows/products have  became so repetitive that it was not worth watching. There are several hosts, old and new, who personally have made me shop somewhere else. If I shop QVC at all, it is online only. Too bad, it used to be a fun place to shop. Sadly, with quality, shipping, pricing and billling issues, I have found other outlets to spend my money.

Trusted Contributor

People should be less critical of others, in general. Being unkind just isn't necessary.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@manny2 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

I don't thing we are in a position to "bully" any of the hosts or vendors.  We are expressing an opinion.  IMO, "bullying" would be more personal, face to face.  As I understand it, the hosts do not even read these forums.  Although these forums sometimes do go "off topic."

The Hosts do read the forums, as do their family members, neighbors and friends.  The Hosts are just not allowed to participate on the forums.

Expressing your opinion can be bullying.  if I write that EXAMPLEposter can't spell, uses poor grammar and doesn't know what she is talking about and therefore must be an idiot, IMO...that is bullying, it is also my opinion.

When someone has the opinion that a Host doesn't know how to do the job, uses incorrect grammar and pronounces words incorrectly, and is wearing an ugly dress that is also someones opinion and bullying.

We, as QVC viewers are not paid to critique the Hosts.  That is their employers job.  If something is seriously wrong, write a letter with your full signature and complain to corporate.  You don't need to point out what the Host is doing wrong in your opinion publicly.

How would you like someone to critique your job performance or your visual appearance publicly?

That goes with the territory. Public jobs open the hosts up to criticism. You can't have all of the accolades without the other side. 

------------------

Agree!!   I don't know of many jobs that don't get evaluated by someone...customers, supervisors etc.          Critique of most public jobs should always be expected.        The host Q job is to keep the customers watching, happy and buy more product. The customers definitely have a say in the job evaluation.  Critiques are essential to elevating job performance.  I just hope that supervisors read these posts....

PS -  tried to change format several times...weird.