Respected Contributor

Re: Host attire... time to elevate

@CalminHeart wrote:

I haven't worn a dress, skirt, or heels in at least 20 years. I have 2 pair of nice pants and a couple of dressy tops/sweaters to go with them.

I live in casual clothes..... jeans, yoga pants, t-shirts, sweats, crops, shorts, and such. Gasp, I even wear flannel pants around the house when it's cold.

American standards for clothes have dropped to embarrassing levels in the last 20 years. The 1950s seem like ancient history. Women walking around in loungewear and slippers while doing errands,  adult men in sports ball attire and ball caps.   Miss the days when people dressed in public.

Honored Contributor

From my point of view ....

Hosts are actors on the QVC stage .... what they wear are their costumes.

And  ...   they all speak from the same script.

-------------------------------------------

Valued Contributor

@Reever 

@Reever wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

I haven't worn a dress, skirt, or heels in at least 20 years. I have 2 pair of nice pants and a couple of dressy tops/sweaters to go with them.

I live in casual clothes..... jeans, yoga pants, t-shirts, sweats, crops, shorts, and such. Gasp, I even wear flannel pants around the house when it's cold.

American standards for clothes have dropped to embarrassing levels in the last 20 years. The 1950s seem like ancient history. Women walking around in loungewear and slippers while doing errands,  adult men in sports ball attire and ball caps.   Miss the days when people dressed in public.

I can't imagine getting as dressed up as they did in the 50s.   I remember an episode of Leave It To Beaver and they wore suits to a ballgame.  Even as a kid, albeit in the early 70s, I thought that seemed odd.  

Respected Contributor

Women in the fifties wore garter belts and bras that looked like they were going to shoot someone. The fashions were pretty but looked uncomfortable.
Esteemed Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@dorzie   But you're missing the point of why the hosts keep wearing them.  It's because they work for a retail corporation that knows pajamas & loungewear is a multi-billion dollar industry that continues to grow leaps & bounds.  All the industry reports on fashion sales mention this.

So, as long as the consumer demand for them keeps buying PJs, retailers like QVC will still push them.  The hosts' job is to remind you that you can get them from QVC, in abundance.

@Caaareful Shopper You took the words right out of my virtual mouth! Well said!😁👍

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

The world changes. Life changes. Change is the only constant. We can't do anything about it. I really wouldn't want to do anything about it. I rarely look at what people wear, makeup, hair, etc. I look at what's inside a person. 

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

The world changes. Life changes. Change is the only constant. We can't do anything about it. I really wouldn't want to do anything about it. I rarely look at what people wear, makeup, hair, etc. I look at what's inside a person. 

Agree that it's the inside that matters, but it's hard not to notice what someone is wearing, etc.  So I would have to say that appearance matters also.

Respected Contributor

The models can wear the loungewear and pj's...the hosts need to be more professional.

I know this kind of clothing sells but NOT all of us wear this. So unbelievably tired of this stuff. Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Agree that it's the inside that matters, but it's hard not to notice what someone is wearing, etc.  So I would have to say that appearance matters also.

I understand what you're saying. I've worked with charities and the poor for many years. After retiring, I worked in customer service at a grocery store. The nicest people I have ever met dirty, unkempt, and wearing mismatched and too large clothes. One homeless woman who came into the grocery store to cash in her 2-3-4 cans every day...she didn't look or smile at me for a year and when she finally did, it was beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

In ADDITION to elevate their attire, MANY of the female hosts need to elevate their VOCABULARYWON'T mention names, but THREE of them use "UM", "LIKE", and "LITERALLY" constantly.