Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host attire... time to elevate

What I would like is the hosts to identify  what they are wearing my item number.  What I mean is if the host is wearing an item not in the show I should not have to chase it down and find little or nothing.  

I saw a pair of studded jeans being worn but not sold.  The host even mentioned she got it from the Q.  But no no no mention of any details.  I called three times and finally a comment was made that someone was interested and it was posted.  I went for it and selling out was what happened.  I got one pair of what was left in white.  

Honored Contributor

@On It wrote:

My thought is hosts should only wear garments for sale by QVC (HSN if on the other channel.) Two garments over the weekend that caught a lot of inquiries seemed to be unavailable on QVC's site. Missed sales from hosts wearing their own clothing cannot be recouped.

From a sales/marketing point of view @On It , I agree with you 100%.  I'd rather see them wearing something QVC sells instead of another retailer's clothing.  Seems like a great way to promote the Q's clothing.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@On It wrote:

My thought is hosts should only wear garments for sale by QVC (HSN if on the other channel.) Two garments over the weekend that caught a lot of inquiries seemed to be unavailable on QVC's site. Missed sales from hosts wearing their own clothing cannot be recouped.

From a sales/marketing point of view @On It , I agree with you 100%.  I'd rather see them wearing something QVC sells instead of another retailer's clothing.  Seems like a great way to promote the Q's clothing.

@San Antonio Gal   @On It

Years ago, if a host was wearing something we liked, we called Customer Service and they had a list of the host's clothing and whether or not it was a QVC item, or was the host's own clothing.  I guess they don't do that anymore?

From a sales standpoint, it would make sense to have the hosts wearing only QVC items, but I don't think that's practical.   

If a stylist came in before a show and said (to me) this is what you will wear on air today, and I HATED it, I wouldn't wear it.  So what is the best solution?  Give the hosts several outfits to pick from?

If it was a hard and fast rule to only wear QVC clothes on air, I would wear only black.  

iMO, the stylists have enough trouble dressing the models.  Maybe they do need a better system.

Honored Contributor

All of these complaints are a selfish opinion.  QVC is selling to the masses, not just to you.  Get over yourselves.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

All of these complaints are a selfish opinion.  QVC is selling to the masses, not just to you.  Get over yourselves.

Wow.  Aren't you a pleasant one.  All opinions are welcome, NOT just YOURS!!

Occasional Contributor

Just putting in my 2cents--I am sick of seeing them in pj's all the time.  How many pairs can 1 person own?

Honored Contributor

I guess I don't mind seeing the hosts in comfy loungewear as long as they look neat. They can go overboard though with it and wear it every day, however I almost never see the hosts on HSN wearing loungewear like that. The hosts on HSN seem to dress a bit more polished than most of the hosts on QVC.....

Although I can only think of a few that seem to prefer to be in loungewear all the time. I guess it is that time of year, so I am used to seeing it, even if its not the TSV....

Honored Contributor

I think they bought a boat load of this PJ look and are overstocked.  Look for clearance and as is.  Great for me, I was sick of the jeans and sweatshirts I was wearing all winter.  I don' wear the PJ look out of the house, though.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Huh ....  Does anyone still wear pantyhose on a regular basis?  Woman Indifferent

Hi. I quit wearing pantyhose 25 years ago. They were hot and ran too easily. The corporation I worked for went to business casual soon after so I haven't worn a dress or skirt since then either. I kept a few nice pant suits so was not out of place when traveling or with executives.

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Huh ....  Does anyone still wear pantyhose on a regular basis?  Woman Indifferent

Hi. I quit wearing pantyhose 25 years ago. They were hot and ran too easily. The corporation I worked for went to business casual soon after so I haven't worn a dress or skirt since then either. I kept a few nice pant suits so was not out of place when traveling or with executives.

@CalminHeart 

Ditto ... I had to wear a dressy outfit a while back and rather than buy pantihose, I bought 3 pair of thigh-high stockings; size Tall is better than regular height. 

If one thigh-high runs, I still have 5 I can use interchangeably.  If one leg runs on pantihose, I'd have to throw the whole thing out.

I wonder how many still remember the plastic eggs that L'eggs first started packaging pantihose in.   I believe they stopped because it was too much waste of plastic ... I think that was the reason.  In the beginning, it was a good marketing gimmick.