Regular Contributor

Re: Host attire... time to elevate

I agree drinking wine is very unprofessional.  But so is eating so much food while presenting it on the Gourmet Shows.  A taste is all you need and maybe not ever that.

Honored Contributor

Huh ....  Does anyone still wear pantyhose on a regular basis?  Woman Indifferent

Honored Contributor

@dmeasy wrote:

I agree drinking wine is very unprofessional.  But so is eating so much food while presenting it on the Gourmet Shows.  A taste is all you need and maybe not ever that.

@dmeasy 

Don't you think they are being instructed to partake of that in a hardy, rapacious and gluttonous manner. 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44    Yes, I still wear pantyhose on a regular basis and retired from work in June, 2017.

Each individual has to decide what is appropriate dress for him or herself.

I do like seeing presenters dressed and not perpetually in loungewear.  Subconsciously, it might be one factor that affects my purchase decisions, unless, of course, lounging or sleepwear, and athleisure is being presented.

In any event, that's just me.  I am not implying the necessity of dresses and pearls, or jacket and tie, just wearing something a little more polished, not as the implied careless "Oh heck--I'll tumble out of bed and throw on the super casual pjs from yesterday again" vibe. 

I'm waiting for some designer to decide that those awful polyester leisure suits for men that arose in the 70s should make a comeback.  Again, just my reaction, then and now.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Huh ....  Does anyone still wear pantyhose on a regular basis?  Woman Indifferent

@Tinkrbl44 

It depends on what the meaning of "regular" is.  I wear them when I go to club meetings, luncheons, church and some doctor appointments, depending on what kind.  Otherwise, I dress in casual street clothes (not pajamas) and wear a pair of suede or silver mules, or whatever the occasion calls for.  In winter, I do have some cute suede mules (more than one pair) and some cute muted gold and a pair of silver mules, depending on what I am wearing.

Contributor

This thread has me laughing out loud. Original poster - I agree the p.j.s are getting old. Especially on the save Christmas shows when they are often worn too tight ! Comfortable /stylish clothing, not super dressy, but not pajamas is nice to see. On the other hand - I watch GMA in the morning and a women on there is delivering news in what looks like a nightclub outfit ! Lastly , my 3 1/2 year old granddaughter comes over in p.j.s all the time - lol - when I suggest changing before going to the park she tells me no she's fine going in her pajamas so off we go 🙂
Regular Contributor

Agreed 100%  No Pjs  and wine  please  thanks 

Regular Contributor

also nails are long and pointed is this a new fad

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

This seems the time of year when the Q mostly stops selling clothing, or even releasing new fashions, and just promotes gift giving, as though no one needs to go to a holiday party or wants to give a beautiful blouse or sweater as a gift. 

When I was a teenager, clothing was ALL I wanted for Christmas, but I doubt too many teens would want clothes from the Q. Perhaps QVC should look to change that. Of course, back in my day, young people were all about fashion and filling our walk-in closets with all of the beautiful clothes, whereas now, perhaps they have become more minimalistic, which is probably not such a bad thing.

I'm not a fan of the pj's on every host at every show. If it's a tsv, fine, but it feels like enough, already.

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn a dress, skirt, or heels in at least 20 years. I have 2 pair of nice pants and a couple of dressy tops/sweaters to go with them.

I live in casual clothes..... jeans, yoga pants, t-shirts, sweats, crops, shorts, and such. Gasp, I even wear flannel pants around the house when it's cold.