Respected Contributor

Re: Host attire... time to elevate

@Shelbella262 wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but the wild manicures is what drive me crazy.  I saw one this weekend and it was extremely distracting to the presentation of the product.  Well manicured nails is essential for close ups and a well done manicure is a must without all the craziness of the dragon nails painted 14 different shades of yuck!

!

I agree.  I hate seeing those dagger nails with crazy art.

Respected Contributor

More people are telecommuting due to the pandemic.  People who work from home are not going to dress up with pantyhose and heels.  The PJ brigade is going after the telecommuters and retired population.  I for one am happy that the stiff collar blouses and jackets are now a bygone era.  You couldn't get me into a pair of pantyhose again if my life depended on it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@dorzie   But you're missing the point of why the hosts keep wearing them.  It's because they work for a retail corporation that knows pajamas & loungewear is a multi-billion dollar industry that continues to grow leaps & bounds.  All the industry reports on fashion sales mention this.

So, as long as the consumer demand for them keeps buying PJs, retailers like QVC will still push them.  The hosts' job is to remind you that you can get them from QVC, in abundance.

@Caaareful Shopper 

So, are you saying the only people who are really doing the majority of shopping are the shut-ins who have wild manicures and wear pajamas instead of street clothes?

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@dorzie   But you're missing the point of why the hosts keep wearing them.  It's because they work for a retail corporation that knows pajamas & loungewear is a multi-billion dollar industry that continues to grow leaps & bounds.  All the industry reports on fashion sales mention this.

So, as long as the consumer demand for them keeps buying PJs, retailers like QVC will still push them.  The hosts' job is to remind you that you can get them from QVC, in abundance.

@Caaareful Shopper 

So, are you saying the only people who are really doing the majority of shopping are the shut-ins who have wild manicures and wear pajamas instead of street clothes?

@Nonametoday   No.

Esteemed Contributor

@dorzie wrote:

I enjoy watching and shopping on QVC and HSN but I feel the hosts should stop wearing PJ's/loungewear whenever they (the PJ's/loungewear) are being presented, even if not a TSV.  Seemed appropriate while we were in deep pandemic mode since we were home so so much but I feel like now (being post pandemic) we should all elevate and strive for more, better which includes how we dress and present ourselves everyday.  This is a missed opportunity for QVC and HSN to showcase the latest designer fashions.  PJ's are PJ's and honestly do most of us really need another pair? JMHO

@dorzie 

I could be wrong but HSN hosts in my view almost always dress up. I honestly can't remember a time when I have flipped to that channel and the hosts have been wearing lounge wear even if it's a TS that is being presented. 

QVC on the other hand.... for some it's their uniform. (smile)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lgfan wrote:

More people are telecommuting due to the pandemic.  People who work from home are not going to dress up with pantyhose and heels.  The PJ brigade is going after the telecommuters and retired population.  I for one am happy that the stiff collar blouses and jackets are now a bygone era.  You couldn't get me into a pair of pantyhose again if my life depended on it.

@lgfan 

Just because you are a telecommuter, which I was for almost 30 years (before most people ever heard of it), I never decided I wanted to stay in pajamas all day.  If you don't get up, get showered, put on your makeup and feel alive, you are probably not doing a very good job for your own business or company for which you represent and you certainly are doing yourself no favors by looking this way.  I was a telecommuter out of necessity.  I was physically unable to drive into work.  There were days when I could not dress myself and had nobody to help so I didn't work but once I became able to dress and work as well, I wanted to look like a real person.

Honored Contributor

HSN rarely has a pajama/loungewear TS.  They seem to rely on one brand for pajamas, Comfort Code, the sister brand to Cuddle Duds.

The hosts may put on the top or sometimes both pieces (as in item 764-249).  HSN is a much smaller operation.  They also don't have dedicated shoe shopping shows every week, or the omnipresent gourmet food shows.   

Respected Contributor

@Nonametoday 

"@lgfan wrote:

@lgfan 

Just because you are a telecommuter, which I was for almost 30 years (before most people ever heard of it), I never decided I wanted to stay in pajamas all day.  If you don't get up, get showered, put on your makeup and feel alive, you are probably not doing a very good job for your own business or company for which you represent and you certainly are doing yourself no favors by looking this way.  I was a telecommuter out of necessity.  I was physically unable to drive into work.  There were days when I could not dress myself and had nobody to help so I didn't work but once I became able to dress and work as well, I wanted to look like a real person."

I didnt say that you shouldn't shower and put on your make-up.  I was talking about going to the extreme of dressing up in stiff suits with panty hose and high heels.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@Nonametoday 

"@lgfan wrote:

@lgfan 

Just because you are a telecommuter, which I was for almost 30 years (before most people ever heard of it), I never decided I wanted to stay in pajamas all day.  If you don't get up, get showered, put on your makeup and feel alive, you are probably not doing a very good job for your own business or company for which you represent and you certainly are doing yourself no favors by looking this way.  I was a telecommuter out of necessity.  I was physically unable to drive into work.  There were days when I could not dress myself and had nobody to help so I didn't work but once I became able to dress and work as well, I wanted to look like a real person."

I didnt say that you shouldn't shower and put on your make-up.  I was talking about going to the extreme of dressing up in stiff suits with panty hose and high heels.  

@lgfan 

Hold on.  I need some more popcorn.  Then I will get back to you.

Respected Contributor

@dorzie I agree, let's bring elevated attire back!  Give us more cues on how to put together a great cost effective good look for any age.Cat Happy