Trusted Contributor

Re: Host attire... time to elevate

Whatever the hosts wears dosen't affect my buying decision.  I really don't pay attention to what they are wearing. 

Honored Contributor

I dont watch often but I dont mind them dressing casual at allWoman Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

Does anyone really need to be reminded it's gift buying time? Pj's & loungewear are big sellers so hosts are going to wear them...some more than others, lol. No big deal.

@kitcat51 To me it is a big deal.  That is what models are for.  Hosts are hosts--and need to dress for their role to be credible and look like they know something.  Even if they don't they could look like they do. 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

Does anyone really need to be reminded it's gift buying time? Pj's & loungewear are big sellers so hosts are going to wear them...some more than others, lol. No big deal.

@kitcat51 To me it is a big deal.  That is what models are for.  Hosts are hosts--and need to dress for their role to be credible and look like they know something.  Even if they don't they could look like they do. 

@Sooner wrote:

@kitcat51 wrote:

The hosts are wearing the big sellers & it doesn't matter if that's a big deal to you or it isn't to me....it's retail 101.

Trusted Contributor

I think it's just being lazy, some of the host's excel at that.

Honored Contributor

I like that the hosts dress like the customers at home. They are wearing the merchandise that they are selling. QVC and HSN sell what the customers want and there is something for everyone.  It's not ALL leisurewear.  I dress for myself, I'm retired now and I wear what makes me feel good about myself.  The idea that I should "elevate" the way I dress to please some mystery people who don't know me is absolutely ridiculous.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

October 11,2022 From Bloomberg Finanacial Network:

Oct 11, 2022

QVC Owner Qurate Stakes Future on Livestream Shopping

Maxwell Adler, Bloomberg News

•  

BC-QVC-Owner-Qurate-Stakes-Future-on Livestream-Shopping

BC-QVC-Owner-Qurate-Stakes-Future-on Livestream-Shopping , Maxwell Adler

(Bloomberg) -- QVC host Jayne Brown was jubilant after selling 1,500 units of a size-inclusive duster jacket and maxi dress set.

The next item up for sale during her 11 a.m. show on a recent Monday is a jersey keyhole top (also size-inclusive), which Brown touts as “the Botox of fabrics” because it always stays smooth. 

Brown’s show on the free-to-air network, which shares parent company Qurate Retail Inc. with the Home Shopping Network, is beamed to millions of homes. The channels make up a niche slice of the shopping industry that’s nevertheless been a cultural mainstay for some 40 years.

But home-shopping, sitting at the intersection of two industries in upheaval -- entertainment and retail -- faces fresh existential threats. 

Core customers are aging, and younger ones are increasingly turning to streaming.

>>>>Supply chain woes created piles of excess inventory, just as consumers tighten their spending in response to inflation.<<<<

Shares of Qurate have plunged more than 70% this year, and its debt has fallen to distressed levels. 

“QVC and HSN are struggling with relevancy,” said Oliver Wintermantel, an equity analyst at Evercore ISI. “Consumer tastes or shopping behaviors are changing.”

This article came out ONE month ago, before they announced earnings on Nov 4.

Excess Inventory like pajamas, lanterns,candles...all the stuff that was bottled up on those ships at sea waiting to unload, that got unloaded all at once.

THAT'S why there are so many of the same items day after day.

Yesterday it seemed like every third item was pajamas of some sort. At one time, TWO Q channels at once hawking football pajamas, some of the most unattractive stuff to date ( that "onesie"?!?!? Please. And NO I don't dislike football.).

I don't want QVC to fail. I AM one of those Older Shoppers. And I don't stream ( yet) but I'm going to start cause I think it's all going to that eventually.

Regular Contributor

I don't know about anyone else but the wild manicures is what drive me crazy.  I saw one this weekend and it was extremely distracting to the presentation of the product.  Well manicured nails is essential for close ups and a well done manicure is a must without all the craziness of the dragon nails painted 14 different shades of yuck!

!

Honored Contributor

Some seem to want to live in the past and that is ok for them but very few really want to "elevate" and go back to the past when being relaxed and casual is much more freeing!!

Honored Contributor

@Shelbella262 wrote:

I don't know about anyone else but the wild manicures is what drive me crazy.  I saw one this weekend and it was extremely distracting to the presentation of the product.  Well manicured nails is essential for close ups and a well done manicure is a must without all the craziness of the dragon nails painted 14 different shades of yuck!

!

LOL

I don't get distracted by nails, hair or PJs.  Those wearing 'wild' manicures are reflective of what the real world is wearing and doing.

My nail gal says she has only 2 of us left, NOT going to the points and the vivid shades and designs.  LOL   I'm too cheap to pay the extra money.

You are entitled to your own definition of 'well manicured' and the people wearing their designs are entitled to their own version!

Decorative and bright does NOT mean they are not 'well manicured'.  I bet they paid a fortune for those manis....more power to 'em if they like them.

Are their nails clean?  That's the only thing important.