Respected Contributor

I think Katrina Szish is probably my favorite of all the new hosts.  First of all, I do not find that she interrupts at all.  She is professional, knowledgeable, well spoken, and well-groomed.  I thoroughly enjoy her when she is hosting!  I think she should be moved to days ASAP. She is that good!

Trusted Contributor

Greetings, All!

Here is my take on the frenetic hosts.  Many of the hosts we know from years ago (e.g., SB, JT) started off in the calmer selling mode.  I believe they have had to ramp up the hype by talking faster/louder, acting more excited, etc to drive the sales needed for corporate expectations; they also have new, younger and in my day what would be called hungrier hosts looking to replace them.  Without new and innovative merchandise to present, the hosts have to resort to evermore desperate measures to move the products they do present.  I think this environment could be the reason behind recent retirements from long-term hosts just not wanting to put up with that kind of environment.  My opinion comes from my experience in my own career.  All just my opinion.

As I’ve posted before, without new innovative products, the swap in and out of hosts and the desperate sales tactics are the equivalent of rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Occasional Contributor

Maybe not replacing person for person... but possibly one less new host hire if they hadn’t gotten rid of Cathy. My point is... I preferred Cathy Pedrayes over Katrina Szish. It’s just an opinion

Not sure why Cathy was let go. Enjoyed watching her late nights.

Trusted Contributor

I believe they let Cathy P go because she did not sound like a "car salesman" or "Valley Girl".  Which is why I no longer watch.   However, apparently those who make these decisions care less what we think , which expalins why their sales are down. 

I for one could care less because there are so many retail stores to shop at as well as online shopping. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Host Is a little hyped

[ Edited ]

I don't mean to be ugly, but I am going to voice my opinion about that vendor for Peace, Love, World.

She is so hyper I can't tolerate her much. Boy, I also think she has passed her age to try to be a modern "hippie". She dresses like one, and this line of clothing, I believe, would be for much younger people. It's like for women in their twenties. Too young for women like her and Shawn, who never dresses for her age and status. She's a  wife and mother now. Just my opinions.

New Contributor

You are SO right!  Years ago I texted Rick a question about what he thought was the strongest chain necklace.  Easy question but he never answered me.  Rick is over the hill now--boring and loud.

Valued Contributor

@Trevs-mom wrote:

I’m sorry but I can’t watch Katrina Szish.  She interrupts the guests. She says, ummm, uhh, uh, umm, uh... she doesn’t let the guests talk. She’s also a “name dropper” brags about where she used to work, what she used to do — who she knows. She’s very arrogant. One of a kind. NOT QVC’s normal host. Wish they wouldn’t have let Kathy Pedrayes for Katrina. Her makeup look isn’t great either.  

ITA....also, don't forget, "Kinda" or "Kind of" every 5 seconds! lol

~ Hope in TN ~
Occasional Contributor

Susan Graver drives me crazy with her constant chatter even when the host is explaining what's being sold. Pat who is one host has the patience of job with her. I have to turn the station most shows. Mary Beth is a delightfully professional host that you could listen to and believe in for hours. Gone these women plus Rick down please.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC, bumped old thread with unkind remarks about our host.

Valued Contributor

I really don't know where to start...First,did anyone see Pat yesterday with Bob Mackie.the continous Hysterical laughing.made me turn off the show,and I love to watch Bob Mackie.It was such a drastic difference watching Mary Beth with him.Something was definately wrong wth Pat yesterday,usually she has such a pleasant manner,so I hope everything is ok with her.So on to the real problems with the hosts.In every business there are employees that do an excellent job and some that do a half way job.It appears that we have too many hosts that do a half way job.Please train these hosts!!!