Trusted Contributor

Over 30 years of Jane Treacy, and I still can't take her. So hyped all the time she should be floating above her chair.

Respected Contributor

I must say that I don't understand the Q mods at all. I posted one critique about a certain host and they couldn't delete it fast enough. Then I see all the critical posts on this thread about different hosts and they let it slide.  Please understand that I'm not slamming people's postings here, just wondering why some posts--and entire threads--get deleted while others don't.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Host Is a little hyped

[ Edited ]

@Daysdee wrote:

Just saw Jane T. with Isaac for a few minutes.  I was always a fan of hers, but OMG--jumping around and clapping hands and talking about  vacations, etc.   Very hyped tonight.   QVC is pushing it too much.  I very seldom watch.  May look at David's show for a few minutes, but it will be all the same stuff anyway.  Doubt I will stay tuned for long.  I enjoyed QVC so much years ago.

Yes, used to enjoy Jane on the silver show years ago.  Not the same Jane at all.  And remember when they had actual clothes and jewelry designers? Pamela Dennis, Marc Bouwer, Rachel Zoe, Ann King.  Can't remember all the jewelry designers, but was introduced to designers from across the country.  And the gold shows with so much new from Italy!  That gold show from Italy just became a snoozefest.  I also rarely watch anymore.  It's replays of IT, Philosophy, Dooney & Burke, Josie Maran . . .   

Respected Contributor

Re: Host Is a little hyped

[ Edited ]

@KKJ wrote:

I must say that I don't understand the Q mods at all. I posted one critique about a certain host and they couldn't delete it fast enough. Then I see all the critical posts on this thread about different hosts and they let it slide.  Please understand that I'm not slamming people's postings here, just wondering why some posts--and entire threads--get deleted while others don't.

@KKJ 

You don’t understand it because it doesn’t make sense. And in my opinion, never will.

ETA: It’s exactly like the game of Tegwar in “Bang The Drum Slowly”.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Rick is the most hyped of all.  When he comes on, I can't get away fast enough.  I wonder how many cups of coffee he downs before going on air.

Reminds me of the worst type of car salesmen. Won't watch him for a second.

Honored Contributor

I don't feel that they let Kathy Pedrayes go "for" Katrina Szish.  However, they should have kept Kathy P.  She was good on cooking shows plus many other shows.  They could use more of a variety of hosts on the cooking shows.

Frequent Contributor

Don't forget Jane T, she should be an auctioneer. I change the channel

Respected Contributor

@Trevs-mom wrote:

I was so sad they let Cathy Pedrayes go especially for Katrina Szish. She’s NOT a good fit. I turn the channel. Tried giving her a try, but just can’t do it. And she’s rude. Interrupts. Brags like none other. I really don’t care about her past & who she knows or what she did. No other hosts are bragging like her. TMI. Oh my gosh... she also says ummm, uh, um, uhhh, um too much! 

@Trevs-mom they did not let Cathy P go for Katrina Szish. where did you hear that? Katrina was hired along with group of hosts, she did not replace Cathy.

Respected Contributor

I watched Antonella for first time the other day & found her hard to take. Constantly interrupting vendor and pretty hyper herself----common theme with most Q hosts.

Contributor

I really liked Cathy P. and am really sorry she is not at the Q any more. The most professional host is Mary Beth and Jill who left was also great. I was watching Shawn tonight with the reading glasses and I felt she spoke so much and felt she should have gone back to the colors so I could pick mine but she talked so much it was sold out. Antonella is also a fast talker but I enjoy her so much. I really enjoy Dan and Carolyn the most. They are professional, fun to watch and give great information about their presentations. I think that most of the other hosts talk way too much about what they have, or what they do especially when Shawn is on with Isaac. I change the channel when i see these fast talkers also because they do not give enough time to explaining about their products. Dont even watch Susan Graver at all; she is way too hyper is way too much hard sell. Sorry but I think the Q needs to read and change some of their selling practices.