Regular Contributor

I was pleasantly surprised this afternoon to see Mary Beth Roe presenting clothing...so pleasant and easy on the ears..explains everything, not wired.  The hosts you mentioned I have to change the channel, I can not watch them let alone understand what the heck they're saying, they talk so fast.

Valued Contributor

@decbabe wrote:

I was pleasantly surprised this afternoon to see Mary Beth Roe presenting clothing...so pleasant and easy on the ears..explains everything, not wired.  The hosts you mentioned I have to change the channel, I can not watch them let alone understand what the heck they're saying, they talk so fast.

Mary Beth has always been a favorite. She is class, humble, professional, and most of all, calm and watchable! She is a pleasure to watch.

Valued Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Too many fast-talkers--Sandra Bennett, Amy, Kerstin, and some of the last group hired.  I liked Stacey Stauffer, but getting tired of her on ITKWD.  She doesn't add anything to the show.  That would have been a good job for Cathy P., but unfortunately QVC let her go.

I so agree with you. Stacey in my opinion adds absolutely nothing to ITKWD. Just blah! I would like to see someone else work with David with more pep if you will. I was wondering if anybody else felt like I did. bamasec

Esteemed Contributor
@Beelanr. At. first I thought she might be a cut above the rest but she is not. She’s terrible and she wears soo much eye makeup with that poker straight hair is unattractive. There is another newbie I think from Arizona - she’s cute but she is so unprepared. I caught a bit of her with the Honora Pearl guy and he looked horrified. I don’t know what the Q was thinking. And they let Cathy P go????
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@corita wrote:

@blueroses47 wrote:

Most of the hosts are hyped up.   Who is more hyped than Jane Tracey, or even Sandra Bennett?

As for the host you mentioned, I have no  idea who this new one is.

I know it's probably just me, and for a variety of reasons, I just can't watch these presentations with any pleasure anymore.  It's just too frenetic, too hard sell, I think.

Maybe it's just that I've watched for too long.  Around 25 years, I think. 

I still stop at these channels when I'm channel surfing, but rarely stay on for more than a few minutes.

------------------

Me too!!   I was someone who had QVC on much of the day. I enjoyed sitting down -  relaxing - while watching the presentations.   Now I check in every so often, but it has been a while since I sat down to watch an entire show!!

The 'selling' techniques have changed.  I don't appreciate the current, maniacal tactics used just to make a sale!  I do go online often and search for certain items....

Me, too! Two hosts that seem easier to watch (IMVHO) are Courtney Khondabi and Mary Nelson. 

Honored Contributor

Rick is the most hyped of all.  When he comes on, I can't get away fast enough.  I wonder how many cups of coffee he downs before going on air.

Frequent Contributor
there was one host that always pronounced length without saying the g part.. well I have also heard Susan Graver say it that way.. I have always heard before that Length not without the g sound. kind of irritating.
Frequent Contributor
I have heard a few on HSN like that.. Heck one of them used to be on QVC.. UGHHH.. still talks WAY Too fast.. I don't like motormouths.
New Contributor

Yes, Amy stays hyped and she also talks to you like she is talking to a child. Very intimidating. Have to change channels when she is on

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Queen of hyped-up, talks faster than the speed of light is Amy.

@maximillian  - if the queen of Hyped Up is Amy, then the King is certainly Rick! Sheesh that man makes me hyper!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett