Highlighted
New Contributor
I was watching QVC throughout Sunday night and really enjoyed the host prior to the 5 am E host. The 5 am E host was Katrina Szish, and she was presenting Lisa Rinna clothing with Eric. She was talking so fast, he couldn't hardly get a word in, and she kept talking about wearing jackets with the only dress in the show, because it was sleeveless. She was talking about covering her arms up, and by then, I was feeling bad for one of the models. She then proceeded to say something about the dress and covering up the stomach area. I know it wasn't intentional, but once again, I felt bad for the model. (Note: I felt in my heart that I needed to write this as it really bothered me. The models are there to model/show the clothes. A jacket would have covered the dress, especially the long jacket.)
Trusted Contributor

Most of the hosts are hyped up.   Who is more hyped than Jane Tracey, or even Sandra Bennett?

As for the host you mentioned, I have no  idea who this new one is.

I know it's probably just me, and for a variety of reasons, I just can't watch these presentations with any pleasure anymore.  It's just too frenetic, too hard sell, I think.

Maybe it's just that I've watched for too long.  Around 25 years, I think. 

I still stop at these channels when I'm channel surfing, but rarely stay on for more than a few minutes.

Respected Contributor

Queen of hyped-up, talks faster than the speed of light is Amy.

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

Queen of hyped-up, talks faster than the speed of light is Amy.

@maximillian 

My vote for speed talker is Kerstin. 2nd place to Amy.

Respected Contributor

@maximillian

And uses bad grammar & mispronounces words to boot.  ugh

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Too many fast-talkers--Sandra Bennett, Amy, Kerstin, and some of the last group hired.  I liked Stacey Stauffer, but getting tired of her on ITKWD.  She doesn't add anything to the show.  That would have been a good job for Cathy P., but unfortunately QVC let her go.

New Contributor
I definitely miss Cathy P. I enjoyed watching her host cooking shows, because she had a genuine interest for the food. This morning, I guess I just got tired of this host pushing her own ideas, when she was actually getting ahead of herself, and I just don't like body shaming. Get real! Thanks!
Honored Contributor

@beelane wrote:
I definitely miss Cathy P. I enjoyed watching her host cooking shows, because she had a genuine interest for the food. This morning, I guess I just got tired of this host pushing her own ideas, when she was actually getting ahead of herself, and I just don't like body shaming. Get real! Thanks!

@beelane  - The host was body shaming?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Host Is a little hyped

[ Edited ]

@blueroses47 wrote:

Most of the hosts are hyped up.   Who is more hyped than Jane Tracey, or even Sandra Bennett?

As for the host you mentioned, I have no  idea who this new one is.

I know it's probably just me, and for a variety of reasons, I just can't watch these presentations with any pleasure anymore.  It's just too frenetic, too hard sell, I think.

Maybe it's just that I've watched for too long.  Around 25 years, I think. 

I still stop at these channels when I'm channel surfing, but rarely stay on for more than a few minutes.

------------------

Me too!!   I was someone who had QVC on much of the day. I enjoyed sitting down -  relaxing - while watching the presentations.   Now I check in every so often, but it has been a while since I sat down to watch an entire show!!

The 'selling' techniques have changed.  I don't appreciate the current, maniacal tactics used just to make a sale!  I do go online often and search for certain items....

Respected Contributor

Some of them are more than a little hyped.

More like major hyped!

Ridiculously so! 

-Texas Hill Country-