Super Contributor

Hoping for a Nutrisystem tsv with vegetarian option

I know Nutrisystem works, and I have a vegetarian family member who I would love to gift this to for the holidays. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hoping for a Nutrisystem tsv with vegetarian option

I think they should offer the different options, but I am guessing there is a price difference.  I don't think the next TSV will be until January.  You can price it on their website.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't know there was a vegetarian option.  Perfect.  I will look in to it for me.   Thanks

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey, check out their web page, I know WW has help with that one.

Other thought, get a great Vegetarian or Vegan (?)  Cookbook. There's probably more than you know.  I know now there's all kinds of Gluten free books and Diabetic ones, so that might be an idea. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before anyone invests in NS or any other pre package food highly recommend researching alternatives. Products are loaded with salt, sugar, gluton, and gmo's. Lost 60lbs plant based lifestyle along with exercise. I invested time looking online and watching Netflix documentaries- What the health? Fat Sick and Nearly Dead- Food inc. Enabled me to make choices best for my health issues inflammation healed.

Not a diet instead lifestyle. Grateful beyond anything could possibly write here. Becoming Vegan changed my mind body and soul. Feel deeply concerned about our planet and chemical properties in our food. Power is with each of us. Buy real food, Not processed. 

Wish everyone health-💗

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@@homedecorator  I agree with @Sweet_Serenity  and I live a vegan whole food plant based lifestyle before that designation existed.  Given that, I offer a healthier option than nutrisystem.  (Plant based is best, but here is an alternative if insisting on a frozen option.)  Amy's offers frozen vegetarian prepackaged meals and it can be found at Walmart for less money than Whole Foods.  It is lower in sodium, tasty, and they have a large variety.  They even offer  dairy free options.  If you look at their website they suggest meal  plans using their products.  Much cheaper and tastier than nutrisystem.  Add salad or fresh veggies and you have a superior product to NS.  This could act as a transition and open the door to the amazing plant based lifestyle.  (And, frankly, you could make your own quick foods for the week....bake sweet potatoes ahead as well as keeping a yummy  oatmeal with cherries and walnuts in the refrig...easy peasy.  A piece of fruit is ready to go.)  I'm only suggesting Amy's frozen processed food for those who insist on prepackage and ,hopefully, use it as a transition to a healthier way of life by continuing to add more whole foods to their frozen Amy's.