Occasional Visitor

Hi, Mr. George,

oh my, I’ve been watching QVC since the beginning. I go back to Kathy Lavigne days. I’ve seen hosts come and go, merchandise change and there have been times when I’ve been a constant shopper and then other times just a viewer. 

What i I want to comment on is what I notice to be some annoying things that are happening. First up, please don’t allow your hosts to talk endlessly about “behinds” being lifted and then forcing the models to show their backsides. It’s unnessary, crude an annoying. It’s also offensive. Same goes for endless references to the “girls”. Please! Enough of this.  I don’t want to have to be embarrassed that I have it on if my grandchildren drop in. It used to be family friendly. Also, you have a few designers who are just downright crude and boorish. Thinking here about Kim Revelle, (endless gushing about why we should love ourselves. I feel so bad for any model that she manhandles and forces to look at herself in the mirror. This is abusive. Make her stop! Now, Susan Graver, you must not let her go crazy every show. She seems like a lovely lady but I can’t understand why she can’t modulate her gig. She is over the top. You cannot indoctrinate people to love your clothes; they either see a style that resonates with them or they don’t. 

In general, your hosts talk too darn much and gush inordinately. There is a lot to be said for being a little low key and also choosing to say nothing for a few moments and letting the camera do some work. We aren’t idiots and if we are watching TV or viewing on Facebook, we probably have the gift of sight. 

Now, the last thing I want to talk about is your merchandise. It really is not cool to see so much redundancy of things, shoes, shoes, shoes, Graver, Graver, Graver, Denim and Company ad infinitum. Please go on the hunt for new designers, new merchandise, new categories. Too much prepared foods too. Not interested. Organizers, too much. How many bags do we need?? Also, speaking of bags, why do you beat us to death with Dooney and Bourke. This is a very overpriced clunky line imho. I’ve owned many and I’ve yet to buy one that has a good, smooth operating zipper. And how can people lay down that kind of bucks to have a garish red lining on almost every bag of theirs??

I’m baffled by some of QVCs decisions. It seems like you guys are desperately searching for the next quintessential host—you know, your new icon, but you also need exciting merchandise. I see nothing that gets me excited. I do buy a few things time to time as I like to shop, but I’d buy so much more if there was something to buy.

thanks for listening.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hope Mike George reads this

If you're that disappointed in the very existence of QVC, which it appears you are, why would you invest any time at all in viewing it? 

Honored Contributor

Just another "newbie" post in the same old, same old style.

But I'm sure Mr. George will read it and get right on it, putting everything right, to the OP's specifications.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

mike george

QVC Inc. Global Headquarters.
1200 Wilson Drive.
West Chester, PA 19380.

Qurate Retail Group

1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, PA 19380

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

Oh wow.  Yes ma'am, you nailed it!  i am sure Mike is typing a reply. 

I too have been a customer since day one. i am able to see the change in times. 

I hope Mike reads this too!  I also hope he will reconfigure every demand of yours. 

I am sorry that you are afraid to be embarressed by your lovely grandchildren, what a shame. 

Valued Contributor

I got bored long ago with the same items over and over. I check in on the TV or the computer from time to time, but I'm usually off to another channel soon. There's just too much of the same thing. I miss the days of new items that weren't in the stores yet. I miss the gadgets of the What-A ... company. They had some good things. I miss the 50 in 50 tours. The back ground talks of Paul Kelly telling about the area of the country they were in. I know a company has to grow. But, some of the things yuo did before was worth keeping at least a part of. A whole month of WEN. That's about 29 days too many. Hours of whoever the TSV is, I'm gone to something else. Even if I'm interested in that TSV I don't want to see it that many times. I know the maybe someone just tuned in, but it still gets old. Kim Gravelle is just another Paula Dean only not in the kitchen. Too over the top. I'll watch if you don't yell at me or degrade the models. Is there anything Lori Goldstein doesn't stick her name on? Does every jewlery designer have to use Diamonique? White topaz is nice and it's a real stone, not man made. Silver is selling for around $17.00 an ounce. You're selling it like it was the cost of gold, it's not. Yes, it's more expensive than it was before at $3.00 an ounce, but when you get to around $400.00 for a silver bracelet, you are over reaching. I know, designer, but it's not Tiffany or Chanel. You've lost the spark that got you going. Now, it's the same stuff over and over. You were different, that's what people liked about you. One hour, one class of items. No 4 or 5 hour shows of the same thing.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

mike george

QVC Inc. Global Headquarters.
1200 Wilson Drive.
West Chester, PA 19380.

Qurate Retail Group

1200 Wilson Drive
West Chester, PA 19380

Exactly!

Respected Contributor

@Shopgirl8

I hope you get an answer to your letter.  You make viable points and many more of us relate than you know. I no longer watch QVC for all the reasons you mentioned.  

Of course, those who adore QVC and watch all the time will make hurtful remarks, but you posted in the suggestion box which is exactly where you should have posted. 

Don't be discouraged. and I would forward your suggestions on to Mr. George in a letter.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sure Mr. George will read one paragrapth before throwing it in the circular bin.

Honored Contributor

@Shopgirl8.  There has never been any evidence that anyone with QVC management reads this board.  It's for customers, and I feel certain they're much too important to waste their time here.  Too bad because they might get some important information, namely how customers feel about some of the things going on on the air and in the warehouses.

I hope you print out your message and send it to Mr. George.  Somebody in his office will read it and probably contact you.  Good luck.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment