Honored Contributor

Re: Hooray for more interaction from the moderators!

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I like that one of the things the new forums brought to us was more moderator participation. Yes, sometimes they're just deleting posts or threads and including a note to explain why, but it's more than that.

Yesterday I saw a post where someone was asking about a pumpkin pancake recipe she'd seen on air and @Brittany-QVC came in and posted a link to the recipe she thought was being discussed. @Keyai has responded to threads about adding books forums and just now helped a customer find the item she was looking for when she had an incorrect item number.

Before I felt like we were shouting into a void and now the moderators have names and come in to help out when needed. It not only helps the customers but humanizes the mods so they're become real service agents and not just the people who delete posts that break the rules. I very much appreciate this new atmosphere. Thank you, mods!

ChynnaBlue, thank you so much for starting this thread. 

I've been away for the past few days and I just got back now. I was so excited to see that a new book forum has been created because it was really needed. 

I was so happy about this and I was just thinking about how responsive and helpful that the moderators have been to our requests.... and that was when I saw your timely thread. Smiley Happy

Before this new system came into being... when "webbie" came around, well it was never good news. Smiley Sad

These days, even if I may not always like the news, I really appreciate the communication and interaction with the moderators. I few weeks ago one of my posts which just mentioned a Reagan policy got deleted, maybe a bit overzealous, but no big deal. 

What is most important to me is getting forum issues resolved and getting help when there seem to be glitches in the forum system. 

I saw the pumpkin pancakes info that @Brittany-QVC had shared and I really appreciated it. It was a very thoughtful thing to do (and I forwarded the info to a friend who's son adores pumpkin pancakes!!). When @WaterDragon 's posts were getting ccaught in the QVC spam filter last saturday, Brittany got it fixed right away. And @Keyai is just wonderful... all the time!!! 

Thes are the two moderators who have been helpful to me personally, but I really appreciate all the hard work that all of the moderators have been doing. 

A huge plus in the new forum system is the moderators!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I really appreciate the input from moderators. Thank you!

Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

I like that one of the things the new forums brought to us was more moderator participation. Yes, sometimes they're just deleting posts or threads and including a note to explain why, but it's more than that.

Yesterday I saw a post where someone was asking about a pumpkin pancake recipe she'd seen on air and @Brittany-QVC came in and posted a link to the recipe she thought was being discussed. @Keyai has responded to threads about adding books forums and just now helped a customer find the item she was looking for when she had an incorrect item number.

Before I felt like we were shouting into a void and now the moderators have names and come in to help out when needed. It not only helps the customers but humanizes the mods so they're become service agents and not just the people who delete posts that break the rules. I very much appreciate this new atmosphere. Thank you, mods!

I so agree @ChynnaBlue  and I think the WEN Sep TSV will be a good test on the WEN sub-board.  More will want to come back to this board if they feel the pot stirring will not be permitted.  I really appreciate what they are all doing to make this a more pleasant place to hang out.

Contributor

@bebe777 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Before I felt like we were shouting into a void and now the moderators have names and come in to help out when needed. It not only helps the customers but humanizes the mods so they're become real service agents and not just the people who delete posts that break the rules. I very much appreciate this new atmosphere. Thank you, mods!

ChynnaBlue, thank you so much for starting this thread. 

I've been away for the past few days and I just got back now. I was so excited to see that a new book forum has been created because it was really needed. 

I was so happy about this and I was just thinking about how responsive and helpful that the moderators have been to our requests.... and that was when I saw your timely thread. Smiley Happy

Before this new system came inot being when "webbie" came around, well it was never good news. Smiley Sad

These days, even if I may not always like the news, I really appreciate the communication and interaction with the moderators. I few weeks ago one of my posts which just mentioned a Reagan policy got deleted, maybe a bit overzealous, but no big deal. 

What is most important to me is getting forum issues resolved and getting help when there seem to be glitches in the forum system. 

I saw the pumpkin pancakes info that @Brittany-QVC had shared and I really appreciated it. It was a very thoughtful thing to do (and I forwarded the info to a friend who's son adores pumpkin pancakes!!). When @WaterDragon 's posts were getting ccaught in the QVC spam filter last saturday, Brittany got it fixed right away. And @Keyai is just wonderful... all the time!!! 

Thes are the two moderators who have been helpful to me personally, but I really appreciate all the hard work that all of the moderators have been doing. 

A huge plus in the new forum system is the moderators!!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777  Hi!  I've been under the weather, but not gone.  :-}  

Honored Contributor

@WaterDragon wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

Before I felt like we were shouting into a void and now the moderators have names and come in to help out when needed. It not only helps the customers but humanizes the mods so they're become service agents and not just the people who delete posts that break the rules. I very much appreciate this new atmosphere. Thank you, mods!

I so agree @ChynnaBlue  and I think the WEN Sep TSV will be a good test on the WEN sub-board.  More will want to come back to this board if they feel the pot stirring will not be permitted.  I really appreciate what they are all doing to make this a more pleasant place to hang out.

@WaterDragon I was so glad to see you back at the Wen forum last week!!! lol, it was like old times. Due to a really hectic schedule I hadn't been on the boards much from last August until June 13 (Wen 613... lol, I had to be there!!). And the forum changeover was two days later on June 15th. 

There's been lots and lots of confusion during the changeover period, but the moderators have been angels. Huge amounts of patience!!! And really helpful!!! Quite simply, the overall attitude has become much more relaxed and with none of the unpleasantness which caused a mass FB exodus maybe 1.5 to 2 years ago. Things seem to be more sensibly resolved these days, which I really appreciate. 

lol, so head on back home... we've got Haagen Daaz Rum Raisin ice cream for you... and maybe some Winter Vanilla Mint Cleansing Conditioner as well. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Contributor

@WaterDragon I was so glad to see you back at the Wen forum last week!!! lol, it was like old times. Due to a really hectic schedule I hadn't been on the boards much from last August until June 13 (Wen 613... lol, I had to be there!!). And the forum changeover was two days later on June 15th. 

There's been lots and lots of confusion during the changeover period, but the moderators have been angels. Huge amounts of patience!!! And really helpful!!! Quite simply, the overall attitude has become much more relaxed and with none of the unpleasantness which caused a mass FB exodus maybe 1.5 to 2 years ago. Things seem to be more sensibly resolved these days, which I really appreciate. 

lol, so head on back home... we've got Haagen Daaz Rum Raisin ice cream for you... and maybe some Winter Vanilla Mint Cleansing Conditioner as well. Smiley Wink

-- bebe Smiley Happy

@bebe777 just a last post before I swan dive under me blankee...  I did so enjoy all last weeks posts.  I may not be around everyday - but I am back baybee!  I was @ walgreens last Tuesday and picked up some Haagen Daaz Rum Raisin ice cream - on sale even......... *slipping back under blankee*

Respected Contributor

You have got to be kidding me....

Occasional Contributor

Thanks again to moderator Amy for resolving my issue with QVC billing me for two computers even though I had returned one, And also thanks for dealing with the abusive posters!  It was a bit exasperating to have to keep defending myself and being called names for something that wasn't my fault.  I will remain a part of the forum and see if I can glean some good ideas and provide support to others.  

THANKS!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blessings2Yah777 wrote:

Thanks again to moderator Amy for resolving my issue with QVC billing me for two computers even though I had returned one, And also thanks for dealing with the abusive posters!  It was a bit exasperating to have to keep defending myself and being called names for something that wasn't my fault.  I will remain a part of the forum and see if I can glean some good ideas and provide support to others.  

THANKS!!!!

@Blessings2Yah777 I'm really glad to hear that one of the QVC moderators, @Amy-QVC , was able to resolve the issue you described in your QVC dropped the ball!  thread within about a day of your original post... and on the saturday/sunday of a Labor Day weekend... when, lol, even the QVC computer system seems to be on holiday time.

As frustrated as I have been with the overall slow response forum posters have received from the moderators regarding an update on the QVC computer system slowdown... even if the only thing that got done this long weekend was to correct this horrible improper billing situation that you got snarled up in... well, I think that the moderators got their priorities straight. Dealing with a malfuntioning/slow forum system is one thing, but not being able to pay your electric bill (through no fault of your one) due to QVC errors is in a category all it's own. -- I would have been gnawing at the very end of my last little bit of a very long rope, if that had been me. Seriously. 

Your original thread is now closed for new comments (which makes sense since the issue has been resolved), but this was what Amy from QVC said:

Thanks @Blessings2Yah777.  I sent an email to the email address we have on file for you. You can read it when you have time to fit it into your day.   Sounds like you have a lot going on right now.      

- Amy

I'm so glad that your huge billing issue has been quickly resolved, and the QVC moderators deserve a big round of thanks for resolving everything to your satisfaction!!! Smiley Happy 

-- bebe Smiley Happy