Honored Contributor

Hey Q, How About a Made in America Day

Hi, QVC. how about having a Made in America Day. Please have Lazy Boy on that day as well as other companies with products made here. Some patriotism is a good thing. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Hey Q, How About a Made in America Day

I agree. They may have a problem with not having enough items to fill the day. 

Trusted Contributor

great idea! I think they could find enough products....doesn't Susan Graver tell viewers her line is made in America?
Esteemed Contributor

@NativeJax wrote:
great idea! I think they could find enough products....doesn't Susan Graver tell viewers her line is made in America?

@NativeJax, if it IS made in America Susan will always point this out. It doesn't happen very often. If you watch her hands carefully, you will see her using her fingers to cover the Made in China tag when she is doing a closeup.  Most of her items are made there. Guess she isn't too proud of that fact.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

Great idea, Mindy D !!!

I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend, til death, your right to say it
Trusted Contributor

That would be awesome, but I'm not sure they have enough products in their inventory that actually are "made in America".  I can only think of a few items ... 

Honored Contributor

I'm actually not certain what the real point would be -  QVC consumers can already buy plenty of items made in America -  I own Wen, Carolyn Pollack, and even some Graver made right here.  I'm guessing my Kind bars were made here also.  Those are what I can think of without going to check.

I could spend every one of my annual QVC dollars that go for products not made in America and I wouldn't come close to what one USA consumer just spent last week for an iPnone.  Did anyone ask where they were manufactured or refuse to buy when they found out?  I doubt it.

I don't buy any of what I buy here at QVC because it was made here.  I buy what I do because I like the product at the price QVC is selling it.  I'm happy to buy Made in America when I can, but I do not go out of my way to do so.

Finally, when we talk about building fences, real or metaphorically, we need to remember that a fence works two ways - it keeps out what you don't want, but it also keeps what's inside that fence right ther.  I know way too many citizens who would lose nice jobs if their companies couldn't participate in markets outside the "fence."

Honored Contributor

Yea, they could broadcast it from QVC - China...

Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a great idea!  But, where to find items that are Made in USA?  That is a much bigger problem.  Don't get me started.............So pathetic, what's been happening to this country.  And some people wonder why there aren't many jobs available.  Duh...........   When I graduated, there were lots of jobs in the fashion industry, 'up and down the line'.  From the bottom upwards.  Lots of money to be made, climbing the ladder.  From pattern cutters to designers to assistants, top managers, and upward.  Lots of major manufacturers and their many corporate offices right here in America.  All kinds of life-long careers and jobs within each company.   ........... Looking back, several of my college friends' majors was in that field.  Perhaps Fashion Merchandising/Business?  I don't recall the exact category/degree, but they ended up being fairly successful in those careers for a time (buyers, etc.); then found and married to executives/ high-earning professionals, had children, etc. All in all, they did quite well, in one way or another.  Attainable, attractive careers to look forward to studying (for).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

QVC would not have any trouble filling the day with full hours from KitchenAid and Vitamix, but it would be nice if they could take the time to show some American made brands that are not so well known or so well represented on QVC.  It would be great if they could see their way clear to bring back some Black Hills Gold shows.

I know they would never stop selling imported items, and I wouldn't ask them to.  But a special 1-day or weekend "event" would would certainly be a nice idea.  (After all, the Q has "events" in name only nearly every weekend, anyway!)

"It doesn't matter if the glass is half-full or half-empty as long as you still have the rest of the bottle."